Skip to content

Magical Weapon Bug

Hello not sure whats going on and hopefully its not just me. My main character cannot equip his main weapon. I cannot change or equip anythign on him. It keep says magical weapon in use when I try. I have tried sleeping at an inn and what not and nothing I do will kix the issue. Any help will be much appericated. Thanks!

Comments

• MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    Which class is he? Give more info.
  • TwisterroTwisterro Member Posts: 3
    In my game, same situation happened with Jaheira, after she casted 1-level magic weapon spell. /Maybe/ enemy used "fear" on her, or maybe I ordered her to attack in the same time. I don't know for sure.

It's quite ugly bug - resting, casting new weapon spell, or even dismissing her from team doesn't help.
  • gigurragigurra Member Posts: 4
    Same problem. My game is now unplayable due to this :(. I cannot equip any weapons.
  • SoundChaosSoundChaos Member Posts: 11
    Same here, hope this gets patched soon. Just cast magic weapon on Jaheira, fought a minor battle, the effect wore off, and now I can not equip any weapon other than cast magic weapon again every battle.
  • BaldurianBaldurian Member Posts: 1
    This gave me some headache too.

There is an ingame item to solve this matter, however. At least it did so for me. There is a cloak called Relair's Mistake (CLCK04) which allows you to transform into a wolve. I'm not sure anymore where I stumbled upon this thing, maybe somewhere around the lighthouse area, but transforming Jaheira into a wolve, than leaving the area, "reset" her for me. In the next area I was able to normally reequip weapons.

Hope, that helps.
  • RampagingCrinosRampagingCrinos Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Baldurian said:

This gave me some headache too.

There is an ingame item to solve this matter, however. At least it did so for me. There is a cloak called Relair's Mistake (CLCK04) which allows you to transform into a wolve. I'm not sure anymore where I stumbled upon this thing, maybe somewhere around the lighthouse area, but transforming Jaheira into a wolve, than leaving the area, "reset" her for me. In the next area I was able to normally reequip weapons.

Hope, that helps.

Confirmed (in BG2:EE). After shapeshifting Jaheira into anything, then shifting back to her humanoid form, I was able to equip normally again. I didn't even have to leave the area. Doesn't make the bug any less obnoxious :(
  • GrimwortGrimwort Member Posts: 1
    Here is the solution ,
    Take her out of the party and in again.That must work , at least it worked for me