Skip to content

Account Name, what's your story?

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
edited June 2013 in Off-Topic
My account name I've used across gaming and first was used on a gaming server for Warcraft 2 called Heat.net. The names that I wanted to use were always taken, so I wanted to create a new nickname to use that I would like. The name Booster, a la Mario RPG, was what I decided I would try next. Then that was taken. Just changed the name by one letter and made it Boaster. At the time, I don't know why, but it was a good name and felt right.

It's not that I toot my own horn. It's just a name. Although it's no surprise when I talk a little smack when I beat someone in a game under this name :D

What's your story?
Post edited by Jalily on
Teflon

Comments

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    I'm a playa.

This is the Baldur's Gate website.

Hence, bgplaya.

...Or maybe its just that I play Baldur's Gate. Can't remember which.
    Boasterskyline818TJ_Hooker
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Ward, it sounds really epic.
    lordkimRexfaroensis
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Ward said:

Ward, it sounds really epic.

Beaver Cleaver's dad's name was Ward.
    terzaerian
  • YemethYemeth Member Posts: 36
    Planescape Torment ftw :)
    BoasterJalilyCrevsDaak
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It's a really a story which makes no sense. I love eating cheese... so... I am... cheesebelly? :P
    Boaster
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Mine is a gold dragon character whom is under a geas and form locked as an elf.
    Boaster
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited July 2012
    I made mine up in about 2 minutes.

And because miniature giant space hamsters can't breath in the vacuum of space, he needed a helmet.
    Post edited by Space_hamster on
    BoasterDragonspearpurebredcorn
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    From a song, Blut Aus Nord - Our Blessed Frozen Cells.
    BoasterDarrylson
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Mines comes straight from Dragonlance.
    Boaster
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    Cyberarmy, because i was one man army when playing FPSs(not CoDs...) untouchable killing machine of doom.
    I was using Entreri before that :)
    Boaster
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Talvrae... the name of one of my Drow Character, a bard ex-consort
    Boaster
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    Adaram is a character name that I created for a novel that is not yet written. I have used this handle since the very beginning and I use it in all games. In fact, I am pretty sure my first ever BG character was an Adaram. :)
    Boasterpurebredcorn
  • MystraMystra Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2012
    Mine is just self explanatory http://tinyurl.com/cxbsxdy
    elminster
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    It's the name of my Iksar from Everquest 1
    BoasterRenulan
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    My name Lekian, was the first character I created for Quest for Glory from Sierra
    Ever since then I have used it for my main character
    First playthrough on Baldurs it was Lekian Algumar, added a surname for my own inmersion :-)
    BoasterNWN_babaYaga
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    There once was a man named Nathan. This is the story of that man. (cue introductory music)
    (fade to black as opening credits roll in)
    BoasterLemernisCrevsDaak
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    Well, I´m a NWN custom content creator, builder and baba yaga stands for the darker side of the medieval tales. The tales from eastern europe and russia has a special charm of it´s own for me, a much darker undertone which I like and prefer. See the old movies from czech and the woods alone are frightening at times... Also I´m pretty brutal, can be a heated troll and knocks you off your socks silly:D
    CheesebellyBoasterKidCarnival
    @NWN_babaYaga : Down here we call her Jaga Baba, I know the stories about her :P
    @Cheesebelly: What country are you from if I can ask, I couldnt find any info where the name is twisted?
    @NWN_babaYaga : I'm from Slovenia :)
    NWN_babaYaga
    sorry for getting a bit OT but thats also the name for the goddess of war right @Cheesebelly?
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    edited July 2012
    My Grandpa used to call me Paulsifer Cagnasty. So, I use Paulsifer for all of my online stuff now, and my hockey number was 42.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @NWN_babaYaga Baba Yaga is also the name of the villain in Quest for Glory one. I thought that was the origin of your name.
    Lekian
  • ToranToran Member Posts: 2
    It is the name of the char i allways used in BG 1 and BG 2 when i played a male char.

First time i used it, is 1998 played first BG1
    BoasterSleet
  • resa_cresa_c Member Posts: 2
    Obviously, I didn't spend enough time pondering the elegance of a proper user name...
    @NWN_babaYaga : I must admit I don't really know the subject well. I know we were pagan 1000 years ago, so you're most probably right :)

More related to the topic, around the internet I also use Lauron as my name, which is an evilfied version of my real life surname :)
  • ArtemielleArtemielle Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    I've always used Artemis but it's usually taken in every online forum/game before I get to it. Artemielle was the closest feminine alternative I could think of and it's never taken :)
    BoasterSleetJalily