Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: ADORABLE Edition! (Alt. style portrait pack--WIP)(# of Portraits Complete: 5/94)

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    That is positively gay.
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    This is so epic that its epicness rivals that of a Boo. But, where is Boo's adorable portrait?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

@Elendar
    Why yes, many of them do look happy. Thank you for the compliment. . -c .

Haha, yeah, it's certainly better than them looking negatively gay.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @reedmilfam
    It's a completly different drawing style -.-

The OP is also makiung the for in-game use, not just as Artworks themselfs. Just go on DeviantArt and have a look around. Any Idea of what somebody should draw? Somebody allready did it.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Dynaheir looks like she needs five more minutes of sleep :D
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    serenity now.

this is why we can't have nice RPG's.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @reedmilfam
    All I can think of when I see those is how the elves and half elves could so totally impale someone with those ears.
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    hey this is great! keep up the good work :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I think the OP's look like they have a slight ind waker influence, where as the ones posted by reedmilfam are chibi esq for the most part.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Reedmilfam: Link to artist's web page or something?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @sandmanCCL - The artist is Ballukas. I didn't link to the page because it shows as deactivated . I don't know if that means that the images will vanish in the future, or what. Sad because he/she has a lot of talent.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYES!!!

Why are these not these not in-game already D: I take it I'm allowed to save these for use? If not, pretty please? ;-;
    @Icecreamtub

Yeah you can save them. The three I've finished havent been resized yet though.
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Thank you thank you thank you :D

Oh, that's okay. They have Image Resizers. I can do that myself ^^

I hope these become an actual in-game pack, I'd happily spend money on them. I'd even support them with to be released in-game with cash ._.
    @Icecreamtub
    Any way you could post the properly resized versions here when you're done? It would save me a lot of work.
    @LadyEibhilinRhett I was going to suggest if I could help out with the resizing.
    I have tons of free time and I don't mind helping out in anyway ^^
    edited December 2012

That's AdarsiM
    I hope it's okay!
    Post edited by Icecreamtub on
    edited December 2012

AdarsiS
    edited December 2012
    ImmyS

ImmyM

ImmyS

ImmyM
    edited December 2012
    @Icecreamtub-Nice. But we still need the large portraits. The current ones need to be downsized to 50% of their original size. also the original file name for the PC portrait was adarsil, but the l was for large, since I was planning on resizing them myself originally. Not sure if the new filename you're using is too long or not now. I don't know the limit to the filename length.
    ...Also, not sure how I feel about them being .jpg files. The best way to do this would be to convert directly from .png to the required type of bitmap for each size. .jpg just constitutes WAY too much loss of quality.
    edited December 2012
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Oopsies, my bad. I'll re-edit her name asap. Oh yeah, I forgot about L sizes. Well, I resized them to BG standards of 54x84 for Small ect ect. I do believe the filename length is 8 characters. ^^
    Thanks! :D (Though I don't quite understand where L portraits come in?)

I did originally give the filenames .bmp when I uploaded, but linking them changed it to .jpg. My apologies for not noticing sooner! I, hopefully, have corrected the .jpg section and have changed them all to .bmp.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TotoroToriTotoroTori Member Posts: 1
    Oh my gosh these are super adorable, just the expressions on them
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I don't understand how these would be used in-game, as the setting and actions of the characters are far from cute. Maybe if there was a change of monsters to more comic-like or something, but there appears to be a game-to-portrait disparity if you use these.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2012
    I love all of your sketches. They are indeed adorable. I think you could do a bit more on the coloring side though. A simple gradient tool here and there can work wonders without taking much time. Plus maybe tone down the shading a bit. I went and did one as an example.

Just a suggestion. ^^