Skip to content

BG2 Tweaks v11 Released

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited December 2012 in General Modding
The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 11 is mainly a series of bug fixes for the previous version. v11 changelog:
  • Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2 will now be suppressed if the same component from BGT Tweaks is installed
  • Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas were using a blank icon for the ability to change into two-handed swords
  • Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas will now set appropriate tooltips for their items
  • Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor was causing 100% miscast on all items due to a typo
  • Alter Weapon Proficiency System had a couple of bugs. The Rebalanced option was not updating item descriptions for scimitars, wakizashis, and ninja-tos while the two BG options would not install due to a removed library
  • Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks was not installing due to a really dumb typo
  • Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage really should work for BGT and BGEE games. Really this time. Honest.
  • Tsu-O-Shi no longer has a double unusable block in its description in BGEE
  • Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields now works on BGEE
  • The NWN-style option of Higher HP on Level Up was actually setting HP in the lower, instead of higher, half of the range
  • Ioun stones from the Exotic Item Pack will no longer protect from critical hits if the relevant TobEx component is installed
  • Updated Russian translation (thanks prowler)
Post edited by CamDawg on
Berconleeho730IchigoRXCArchaicAndreaColomboErgMornmagor

Comments

• Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    @CamDawg - I installed v10 (Friday, I think) and ran across a problem using the NWN-style hit point gain option. Minsc was only receiving 2-6 hit points on level-up (should have been 2-11, I think). Uninstalling that option allowed 2-11 points. Note: I only tried this on Minsc (no one else was ready to level).
    Not sure if this has been reported yet; I tried to report using the gibberlings3 forum but I was having server trouble.
    Thanks for a really useful set of tweaks!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Azchar111 said:

@CamDawg - I installed v10 (Friday, I think) and ran across a problem using the NWN-style hit point gain option. Minsc was only receiving 2-6 hit points on level-up (should have been 2-11, I think). Uninstalling that option allowed 2-11 points. Note: I only tried this on Minsc (no one else was ready to level).
    Not sure if this has been reported yet; I tried to report using the gibberlings3 forum but I was having server trouble.
    Thanks for a really useful set of tweaks!

Argh, this always happens. I've issued a quick re-update to get this bug as well; version number is still v11.

• ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    What do you mean your releasing that tweak pack?

Get to work on the NPC Project you! :-P

lol.

j/k.

Awesome work camdawg. :-)
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for posting the update here. I am really enjoying it.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Quick question.
    Never used BG2 Tweaks before.
    Neera & Rasaad now walks as if she is encumbered.
    A game I ran on Saturday was working fine. I had Neera in my party and there was no slow down.
    Started a new game on Sunday.
    Installed BG2 Tweaks v11 today.
    Found Neera and added her to my group.
    She walks very slow behind everyone.
    Just added Rasaad to my group. He walks slow as well.
    Added Minsc, he's full speed, passes Rasaad, who should be moving at monk speed.

I wonder if this is due to BG walking speed tweak?
    It appears that new characters are some how bugged now with BG Tweaks.
    Going to uninstall and see what happens.
    Party members are stored in the save game. Applying the walking speed tweak won't affect NPCs (and PC) who are already in the party, hence the issue you're seeing.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    But I added Rasaad after the tweak. And Minsc.
    Minsc walks as intended. Rasaad walks slow.
    I'm pretty sure it's BeamDog NPC's specifically.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    did u try not to install the BG walk tweak component and see if that's the cause of the problem ?
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Good to hear you fixed the BG Weapon Prof bug. I couldn't figure out why that stopped working.
  • kheroskheros Member Posts: 13
    I have several problems with this new v11 version, whereas the v10 worked fine (or otherwise didn't specify there were errors)

Things it cannot install for me:
    More Interjections
    Reveal City Maps
    Weapon Proficiencies for All
    Remove XP Cap
    Multi-Class Grandmastery
    Trap Cap Removal
    NPC's Don't Fight

I've done the Near Infinity tutorial extract and have an override folder and everything since v10 worked for all those components, but with the latest patch these fail for me.
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    i cant even get on g3 to download it, the forums have been down for a while
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    thank you my friend, i must've missed that, i have my moments :P
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    I'm at work at the moment so I haven't tried this myself just yet, but for someone who has never used weidu; how difficult is it to install and get this tweak pack running?
  • SelvanSelvan Member Posts: 24
    Very easy. Just copy your dialog.tlk (and dialogF.tlk if you have) from your lang folder to main game catalog (00766) and then "install" BG2Tweak to the same main catalog. After that you can run setup-bg2_tweaks.exe and configure components whatever you like :). Last step is copy dialog.tlk from main folder to their previous location (in lang).
    Cyph
    @Selvan Thanks for that, I'll give it a try after work and hopefully it will be painless :)
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    @CamDawg:

A question about the one-handed/two-handed switch implementation and its proficiencies if I may:

If I have a bastard sword (or a katana) equipped one-handed, I would expect the respective weapon styles to apply (sword and shield style/single weapon style/dual weapon style).

But I would like to know what happens, weapon-style wise, if I switch my bastard sword to two-handed use? Does it still use the same weapon styles as before (so basically single weapon style now) or does it switch to the two-handed weapon style?

To me it would make sense to switch to using the two-handed weapon style, because it reduces the speed factor by -2 (-4 with two pips) and adds +1 to damage, while allowing criticals on rolls of 19-20. This adequately reflects what happens when using bastard swords/katanas two-handed IMHO. It would also be super cool, to be perfectly honest.

In comparison, the single weapon style only improves AC by -1 each pip while allowing criticals on rolls of 19-20.

What is your take on this?

P.S. I'm sorry to see that you are having so many problems with G3 -- are you being attacked or was it just the influx of traffic from new BG:EE players that caught you out?
    Once you make a bastard sword/katana two-handed, the two-handed weapon style applies.

As for G3, we resolved the initial problems pretty quickly. Everything's back up except the forums, which are being updated to the newest version of the software. We figured as long as we were down, we'd go ahead and make some updates.
    ermo
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    @CamDawg:

May I then humbly suggest adding this to the description?

The current description reads:

Two-Handed Bastard Swords
    It always seemed odd that the general description of bastard swords implied they could be wielded with two hands. This tweak adds an ability to all bastard swords that will create a two-handed version of the sword in your inventory. The one-handed version will be removed. The new sword will have the animation of a two-handed sword but, in all other respects, will be the same as the one-handed version. You can switch back to the one-handed version at any time. The ability is found behind the backpack icon, once the sword is equipped. This component will not affect items introduced by mods.

I would suggest adding this sentence:

Two-Handed Bastard Swords
    It always seemed odd that the general description of bastard swords implied they could be wielded with two hands. This tweak adds an ability to all bastard swords that will create a two-handed version of the sword in your inventory. The one-handed version will be removed. The new sword will have the animation of a two-handed sword but, in all other respects, will be the same as the one-handed version. If you have pips in the Two-Handed Weapon Style proficiency, bonuses from this proficiency will apply when you equip the two-handed version of your bastard sword/katana. You can switch back to the one-handed version at any time. The ability is found behind the backpack icon, once the sword is equipped. This component will not affect items introduced by mods.

How does that sound to you?
    Sure, I'll add that for future releases. I also need to strike the "This component will not affect items introduced by mods." because it was recoded in v10 to be universal.
  • MarcusEMarcusE Member Posts: 6
    I installed this last night and some of the features don't seem to have taken effect. The ones I've notice so far are the bags of holding mod and "stores sell larger stacks". Also, possibly Exotic Items pack, but since the readme doesn't list which stores or items they have, I can't be sure.

Do you have to start a new game for some of them to work?
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Yes you have. Areas you have already visited should not be effected.
  • MarcusEMarcusE Member Posts: 6
    Ah, oh well. I'm almost to chapter 7, so I'll just wait till next play through. Thanks
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I've installed just the component "Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)" from BG2 Tweaks v11, this works, but with my elf fighter/mage some of the robes when worn look slightly odd. as rather than having a bare leg showing in the paperdoll, her exposed leg gets coloured, I don't remember this happening in BGT / Tutu, so maybe it's because of the 1pp avatars used?

The problem with the legs being coloured seems to be with the Knave's Robe and Traveller's Robe, but not with the Robes of Electrical/Cold/Fire resistance, I also used Shadowkeeper to test the Robes of the Evil Archmagic and these also colour the exposed leg.

Is this a bug?
  • kheroskheros Member Posts: 13
    Well my problem needed a new reinstall of BGEE since 2 updates after the tweaks saw tutorial and other stuff changed and thus fucked everything up when installing a new v11 over the v10.

I've installed just the component "Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)" from BG2 Tweaks v11, this works, but with my elf fighter/mage some of the robes when worn look slightly odd. as rather than having a bare leg showing in the paperdoll, her exposed leg gets coloured, I don't remember this happening in BGT / Tutu, so maybe it's because of the 1pp avatars used?

The problem with the legs being coloured seems to be with the Knave's Robe and Traveller's Robe, but not with the Robes of Electrical/Cold/Fire resistance, I also used Shadowkeeper to test the Robes of the Evil Archmagic and these also colour the exposed leg.

Is this a bug?

Probably. On other platforms this component gets skipped automatically if it sees that 1pp is installed since they can conflict--I'll add a similar restriction for BGEE in the next release.

And yes, stores and areas are kept in the save games so you'd need a new game (or at least one that hasn't visited a particular store/area) to see changes.

edited December 2012
    CamDawg said:

Is this a bug?

Probably. On other platforms this component gets skipped automatically if it sees that 1pp is installed since they can conflict--I'll add a similar restriction for BGEE in the next release.
    I'm not sure that I'd want it skipped entirely for BGEE, it's still better to be able to switch to the robe avatar/paperdoll, even though it doesn't look quite right.
    Post edited by Oxford_Guy on
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    There's an avatar-switching thingamajig in 1PPv4. Best to use that instead.
    Wisp said:

There's an avatar-switching thingamajig in 1PPv4. Best to use that instead.

Okay, I might give that a go, after uninstalling the BG2Tweaks component, though am a little worried about "breaking" BGEE and having to download and install from scratch again...
    @CamDawg I think I've found a bug... after installing this I noticed a bunch of items were missing description strings (plate armour, leather armour, etc). After trial and error I found that it was caused by installing "Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor". Just an FYI if you want to try and reproduce it. Cheers,
    ermo