Skip to content

Account Name, what's your story?

Comments

• IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    @NWN_babaYaga You know, that's quite a recognizable character in the Eastern Europe (Jaga Baba in Slovene, Ježibaba in Czech, Baba Yaha in Ukrainian, Baba Jaha in Belarusian, and Baba Jaga in Polish, where I'm from), hope didn't get anything wrong ;)

My name is less interesting, though a story behind it was quite unexpected. Around six years ago I guess, my friend asked me to replace him as a leader of a guild in one of the hundreds of so called MMORPG games (and that was Lineage 2 in its' early phase I guess). The only problem was that I hadn't been playing the game for the last year. So I made the character, and instead of thinking for an hour over the name (what in my case would be just short enough) I typed the first thing that came to my mind... and so I became a leader by making my first time quick decision :P
    Boaster
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Shapiro Keats from the mecha anime Dancouga. He's one of my favourite villains.
    Boaster
  • greenmonstergreenmonster Member Posts: 10
    my name is Greene
    Boaster
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    Ok, ok... Since i played BG in 1998 this name changed me :)
    And i love it! Xan
    Boastermellotronheart
  • ShadowulfShadowulf Member Posts: 2
    Started off as Wulfgar from RA Salvatore's books. Then, while playing Asheron's Call, I started to create different classes from my traditional fighter build and used alternatives of Wulf. Lightwulf for a healer, Shadowulf for a thief class, etc. Now I stick with Shadowulf as Wulfgar is always taken.
    Boaster
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    When creating an account on the old bioware forums, they had a lovely avatar I picked depicting a scared boy. I thought 'what's he's got to do in Baldur's Gate' and thought the boy might be Imoen's son. It was a nice pic, too bad I had to pick another when the old board went down.

being Imoen's son makes Bhaal my granddaddy :)
  • skyline818skyline818 Member Posts: 11
    Although it is not depicted in my name on the forums, I have always used the name Griever. Not much of a story. While playing Final Fantasy VIII, there is a point in the game when you realize the pendant on the necklace Squall wears is called Griever.
    Boaster
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    i just wanted something silly and im normally scared of miss spelling names from games and the like as i often get my letter mixed up in typing
    Boaster
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its a name that I've used for a long time. Named after a character I used in BG1 Solaufein Xiltyn.
    Boaster
  • Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
    I got mine from the first character I ever made in a RPG, originally he was a Breton in Arena, then become my half elf Bhaalspawn in Baldur's Gate and has since been my main character in almost every RPG I've played.
    Boaster
  • SleetSleet Member Posts: 5
    My best and longest played (from D&D paper and pencil gaming to digital gaming) character name.
    The rogue.
    He ventured through all the Baldur's Gate games as well as NWN and more.
    Boaster
  • IronOgreIronOgre Member Posts: 11
    I have always used IronOgre across all gaming forums or gamertags. I dunno sounds like a cool bone breaking bohemoth. :)
    Boaster
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    My name originates from the first time I broke the rules in school: I made an account on Yahoo and played games during computer class. This was the name of that account. Back then I had race that I had named 'Dragonfolk'. Since then I have given up on the race but the name persists as a username.
    Boaster
  • Lions_fanLions_fan Member Posts: 19
    I'm a huge Packers fan. :P
    rexreg
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @NWN_babaYaga, i know about Baba Cloanța, Baba Dochia, Baba Harca(slavic influence maybe), Baba Oarba and Baba Coja(german, Frau Brechta mit dem Klumpfuss or serbian Kuga/Kuzica sau Kuzna).

Oh, "story" behind the account name? Well, my real name, meaning sapphire:)
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Just my name , the end part of my real name . Tho' I usually goes by Odee d'Grey as my gaming chr
    Boaster
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    Planescape: Torment

Imo, she's one of the most interesting encounters in the history of gaming.
    BoasterJalily
  • CharlytanCharlytan Member Posts: 27
    @Ravel lol, my bard in Everquest was named Ravel, but I took the name from the composer Maurice Ravel. Also, I had no idea there was even a charcter named Ravel in Planescape. I know a lot of people said Planescape was great, but it just didn't have the BG/IW feeling for me. >.< So I never got past that beginning dungeon/cellar.

Anywho!

Mmmm, long story short, I originally used the name Charlatan in most games, but there was one clan in CS that had a guy who kept calling me ‘Charly’ for short. Years later, in another game, the name was already taken. I had remembered that silly nickname, and thus ‘Charlytan’ was born. o.O’

Boasterrexreg
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    I named my original BG2 Character when I was 10 years old Leaf Eater. It seemed appropriate to bring back ;D
    Boaster
  • BhodarBhodar Member Posts: 21
    Used to be Nerobin Peacewoods, the Wood-Elf I created on a friend's Everquest account and THEN I met dwarves and 2h-hammer and from that moment onward it has been Bhodar Battlehammer or just Bhodar
  • BoozillaBoozilla Member Posts: 46
    I am a giant space hamster.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • Sir_CarnifexSir_Carnifex Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2012
    Carnifex is Latin for executioner. I once was a head moderator at a certain site and I basically was the executioner (bans, etc.). Then I found that Carnifex was used in many, many places, not because people knew what it meant, but because it apparently was a weapon in Warhammer 40k or something like that. So I added "Sir" so it'd be different. Also, at the one site, it stood for Sysops in Residence. lol
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Tis the standard last name I use for my main character in fantasy RPGs. Someone's allready taken the first name apparently.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Ichigo - Bleach, RXC - shortened version of RossXcore which was my handle when I was like 13. These things just kinda stick and I have used them for over a decade so why change now.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Once, I saw three of these little fellows playing at dusk. That was a perfect representation of freedom.
    DjimmyNWN_babaYaga
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    My real name is Sergey and in Russia friends and relatives sometimes call people with this name "seryi" (meaning gray in english) for short. When I wanted to create a cool sounding nickname for myself I combined words Gray and Grave resulting in Grayve but since it sounds kinda morbid I usualy add a cutesy ending to it thus it becomes Grayvie.

And to my knowledge Baba Yaga never was a goddes of war in any culture. She is quite similar to a witch from Hansel and Gretel (though instead of a candy house she lives in a house on chicken feet). She cooks children in a pot and flies around in a grinding mortar by sweeping the air with her broom.
    Fredjo
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    The name came first on basketball courts. People started calling me like this because of my moves. I thought it was fitting beyond basketball, I'm old school anyway.

The 00 came because oldschool is too common on the net. And 00 was always my jersey number, whatever the game :-)
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Koson is the ancient Greek form of my RL name.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Mine comes from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Kholdstare was the frozen, fluffy pink eyeball monster boss of the ice dungeon. I've been using the name ever since I was a kid (though on other sites I usually add an "89" due to the name being taken and whatnot.)
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    My RL name, from the old Norse name Tróndr meaning To grow/to thrive. Got the nickname Tr.Ond in 4th grade because i was a complete shit, Ond means Evil.