Skip to content

[Bug] Clicking Boo crashes the game

GiolonGiolon Member Posts: 22
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
What happens: Cicking on Boo in Minsc's inventory immediately crashes the game.

What should happen: Boo should squeak and not crash the game.

iOS Version: 6.0.1
iPad: 3rd Generation
BGEE Version: 2009
Post edited by Giolon on
JayCarr

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Is this still there? I didn't add it to the bug reports thread I started because I wasn't sure if this was the same for everyone. I'll add that now.
  • YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
    On my iPad no problem. Version 2009.
    What version of the iPad are you on @Giolon? Have you tried restarting the iPad completely (closing all apps, power off, power on, open ONLY BG:EE first) and seen if this happens? Is this constant?

I've heard MANY people on the forums suggest this is a problem so it'd be interesting to get exact details about where it does and doesn't crash or if this is an "incompatible app" related issue.
  • shmooshmoo Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Clicking (and holding) Boo from Minsc's inventory crashes my BG:EE app as well. Build v1.0.2009b on a 3rd Gen iPad. =/

love,
    shmoo

*EDIT- I am also running iOS build 6.0.1 and this crash does happen after a "reboot" of the iPad (No other apps running, power-off, power-on).
    Post edited by shmoo on
  • SweeneyishSweeneyish Member Posts: 3
    Same here, and same as poster above - 3rd Gen iPad, iOS 6, Build v1.9.2009b
  • GiolonGiolon Member Posts: 22
    I'm on an iPad 3, running iOS 6.0.1, and my BGEE build is 2009 (the only iPad build currently?) I did give my whole iPad a restart and it still crashes when tapping on Boo.
  • dunhamdunham Member Posts: 2
    This happens for me too. I can email a couple of crash logs if you can't repro it. The stack ends with about 11 frames in the BG executable itself.
  • YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
    So looks like a bug, agree, fortunetly I hevent this on iP2.
  • AmerigoVAmerigoV Member Posts: 8
    I saw it on the iP2 yesterday. I guess he really is a Space Hamster (maybe a Cthulu Space Hamster)
    The bug is filed under the "Known bugs / Issues" thread. Hopefully the devs keep looking at it because I intend to keep updating it.
  • GiolonGiolon Member Posts: 22
    Resolved in build 2012!