Skip to content

Total Time Played

I would love a counter somewhere, maybe in a save game or in the Roster page, that keeps track of total time played in Real Life. Not game time, but actual played time.
Just because it would be interesting to see how much of my life I waste playing this. Again.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Absolutely! It would be huge!
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Like in the old gameboy pokemon games! I had a friend who got it to 999 hours and it rolled back over to 0 thenhe got it up to over 300 again... YIKES!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Yep, agreed.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Never understood this total time played fetish, it serves no purpose, there are more importaint matters to attend!
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    You don't have to understand it.
    You also don't have to post to a feature request that won't effect you at all.
    If they implement it, you don't have to look at it.
    But if I don't ask for it, they won't implement it no matter how much I wish.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @HexHammer
    This feature gives moral pleasure - it's really pleasant to find out that 6 months of your life are dedicated to this beautiful game.
    Also it could give the Devs the statistics from wich they could find out how much time gamers really spend for their project and does it worth it? The statistics for example could be seen in the forum topic.
    bengoshi said:

@HexHammer
    This feature gives moral pleasure - it's really pleasant to find out that 6 months of your life are dedicated to this beautiful game.
    Also it could give the Devs the statistics from wich they could find out how much time gamers really spend for their project and does it worth it? The statistics for example could be seen in the forum topic.

I wonder how many ppl who really wants this, like 2%?

@HexHammer
    I think it's much more. For example, Skyrim players like this feature - to see played time. In fact, they adore it.
    It would be a great feature for BG:EE.
    edited December 2012
    There already is an "Hours with Party" tracker for each NPC.
    So I don't see why an "Hours in Game" isn't also a feature.
    Hence the request in the feature request forum.
    Off-topic, is there an ignore feature on the boards or should I feature request that too?
    bengoshi said:

@HexHammer
    I think it's much more. For example, Skyrim players like this feature - to see played time. In fact, they adore it.
    It would be a great feature for BG:EE.

I still would like a voting poll on this, as I think it's a vocal minority who wants it.

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I remember discovering the time-played command on WoW, it was like having my own personal looser-ometer.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I love the 'you want it, but I don't, so it must be a majority that doesn't want it' logic. The OP has a suggestion and made it. We need another poll like we need hamster-ridden hidey-holes in our armor.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I think it would be a great feature!
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I would like that too. It would be no problem if Steam actually would log hours of non steam games or Raptr would actually detect more than 5% of non Steam games....
    And even then it wouldn't show you the playtime per new game.

@HexHammer
    So what exactly speaks AGAINST this feature? I mean you are most likely an even smaller minor that doesn't want that feature because you want to force your way of thinking on other people. Thats the only reason I can see why you are against something that you could just ignore if it was there.
    Darkcloud said:

@HexHammer
    So what exactly speaks AGAINST this feature? I mean you are most likely an even smaller minor that doesn't want that feature because you want to force your way of thinking on other people. Thats the only reason I can see why you are against something that you could just ignore if it was there.

I believe that you have too hastely read what I have written.

• charmercharmer Member Posts: 15
    To a broder extent it's also been discussed here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6416/idea-make-a-log#latest