Skip to content

Can't open Neera's Gem Bag, nor the Potion Bag via the proper menu. (SOLVED with workaround)

BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
I don't know if I'm the not one experiencing this, but holding the Gem Bag or Potion Bag icon for a couple of seconds and it opens a menu where there's an option to open the bag, the "Open Bag" button doesn't do anything.

I'm forced to spam the bag to get it open. Much like I have to spam the arrow stacks to get the split menu. A couple of double taps doesn't do it either, I'm talking SPAM the mother.....
That's one thing, but it's an issue when there's a nice option to open the bag, that just doesn't work...

Anyone else have this issue?
Post edited by Bytebrain on

Comments

• raquoraquo Member Posts: 22
    Yup, I have never been able to open her bag.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I tried this command in google: "site:baldursgate.com gem bag", and someone mentioned that if, (in the PC edition), you click in the upper left corner the bag will open.

I tried this, and it works!
    Nice. :)

At least it's a workaround until a patch, Beamdog is aware of the issue.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    The problem with the double tap is that it has to be on almost the exact same spot for both taps. It's looking for that double mouse click. Move your finger slightly during the second tap and it just registers as another normal tap instead of the second tap. If you are really careful in your finger movement it is much easier to get the double tap to register. I've had good success separating items by tapping more carefully focusing on making my finger hit the exact same spot on the second tap.

This why hold and release works better on the iPad than the double tap. I would imagine a double tap being a bit easier to pull off with a stylus since it has a smaller surface area on the screen but you would still have to have a pretty steady hand to tap the exact same spot twice.
    davemo

The problem with the double tap is that it has to be on almost the exact same spot for both taps. It's looking for that double mouse click. Move your finger slightly during the second tap and it just registers as another normal tap instead of the second tap. If you are really careful in your finger movement it is much easier to get the double tap to register. I've had good success separating items by tapping more carefully focusing on making my finger hit the exact same spot on the second tap.

This why hold and release works better on the iPad than the double tap. I would imagine a double tap being a bit easier to pull off with a stylus since it has a smaller surface area on the screen but you would still have to have a pretty steady hand to tap the exact same spot twice.

Yeah. I actually think double tap trouble, drag screen/accidental movement, harder than necessary targeting enemies et cetera, stems from one simple and easily correctable, (I think), mishap In the iPad development:

They made the dragging of the screen much, much too sensitive.
    I've been an iPad owner since the first iPad, and have never come across an app or game that is that sensitive when dragging.

I was playing BG on the bus the other day, and the slightest jolt, not a serious one mind you, made me miss targets even when zoomed all the way in.
    Even when sitting in my chair, I can almost feel the target circle "wobble" under my finger.

The same with double tap, I guess - the overly sensitive drag function make us tap a slightly different place every time.
    I've used a double tap in many apps that also feature dragging at the same time, and haven't ever experienced anything like it.

Just fixing this, making the drag a bit more "elastic" for lack of a better word, would go a long way eliminating the most glaring issues, I think.

Ah, we'll, I'm still enjoying the game immensely, it's amazing to play this game on the iPad.
  • zavulonzavulon Member Posts: 21
    Same issue here. But I've noticed I don't have a problem opening it while in the store menu. So as a workaround, I only put gems for sale in there, and those rare gems/rings I don't want to sell, I don't put in the bag. Then in the store, I open the bag and sell the entire contents.
    @zavulon
    Press the upper left corner of the "Open Bag" button, and it'll open wherever.
    Sarthos
  • zavulonzavulon Member Posts: 21
    Bytebrain said:

@zavulon
    Press the upper left corner of the "Open Bag" button, and it'll open wherever.

Thanks!!
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    Anywhere to the left of the 'O' in 'Open' seems to work for me.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Just a note that this has been "bug reported" in the Known Bugs/Issues thread.