Skip to content

Fun with colors - the Rainbow

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
LOL, so, I've gotten to where I love to use the BG:EE colored circles to create a rainbow effect - you know, ROY G. BIV - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo/violet. And, to those of "my peeps" who were alive and partying in the 1990's, you know that the color rainbow also was our gay pride symbol.

Now, if only there was a more "orangey" orange! I've tried the deepest burnt orange color, and the deepest brown, and so far, the best approximation of orange I can get is with the deep brown, for Jaheira.

I've got sorcerer me as red, Jaheira as orange/brown, representing the earth, Ajantis as yellow (Ilvastarr shield is emerald green on golden yellow), Branwen as green (as implied by her portrait, and wearing the Ankheg plate as a compensation for her low strength), Khalid as blue/indigo (the "cool" head in the party), and Imoen as violet/pink (pink links violet to red on the color wheel, which is why rendered pink and purple often look the same on computers).

Isn't playing with colors fun?
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @LadyEibhilinRhett, ah, I didn't even notice that Rasaad and the commoners that he's trying to impress were doing their own rainbow thing. Good catch!
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    You say the rainbow was the gay pride symbol. Is it not anymore? I think the LGBT union/association at my University still uses it anyways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    It would be amazing if you could get a bunch of wild mages to accidentally change their color to red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and then violet :P
    edited December 2012
    @Shandyr, wow, thank you for giving me a new favorite song! I will have to listen to it over and over, and do some research on the singer! And, you made a video with your own version of the Rainbow! Awesome, man! You're such a good friend!

When I was young, and clubbing every possible weekend night and holiday night, I frequented the clubs which played exactly the "Colors of the Rainbow" type music, all night long, with lightshows, and even fog machines! My favorite club would even shoot sparks down from the ceiling to punctuate the best percussion riffs. And, there were dozens of ripped, athletic guys who loved to take their shirts off and dance to the whole production while showing off their hard-earned, hours per day gym workouts! Ah, such memories! I was so happy and filled with joy on those magical nights.

BG:EE, and your "Colors of the Rainbow" song is the closest I've gotten to duplicating the "magic", in a long, long time, since those days.

My thanks to you, and these artists, for making me remember what it feels like to experience true, unbridled joy!

EDIT: Oh, as to "when and how"? My mind is hard-wired to think in colors. Not only visual colors, but in musical tone colors, as well. To me, my mind and being seek harmonization between all categories of being. The Hindus and Buddhists often refer to the concept as "Chakras". But, I was completely self-aware of the Chakras, long before I ever studied world religions and philosophy and got an intellectual understanding of the concept.

Like I said, I think I'm "hard-wired" to just "get it." Such as it is. (channeling Xan)... "For all the good it's done me. Enlighenment is pointless."
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    I was way too excited that their colours showed up in their markers as well... I think that's my favourite improvement to the game. ;)
    @SandmanCCL, nice use of colors on your figures. However, I notice a distinct lack of green, blue, purple, and pink, and a whole lot of the "hot" colors. Not that that means anything, of course.

It's just that I notice that you seem to prefer the "hot" colors - red, orange, and yellow.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    The rainbow isn't the gay pride symbol anymore? I feel suddenly old.........
    @wissenschaft, I don't know if it is or isn't. I only remember being a young twenty-something from 1990 to 1995. After I turned 30, I have no idea what the "young" gay people younger than I am do or don't find relevant, amusing, or in any way resonant.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2012
    Have you heard of a little thing called the INTERNET? You can find out. lol

I'm pretty sure the rainbow is still the symbol.
    Post edited by wissenschaft on
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    It still is. I promise! :o
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    It definitely still is. :)

• PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Very cool. I'm a little too preoccupied with making sure the character colors match the palette seen in the portraits to do this kind of thing for any significant amount of time :p

I kind of wish the color choices would get updated though, what we have is too limited, IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Belgarathmth: A lack of green? :| They are like 90% green. And it's not a color scheme I came up with but is one for that specific space marine chapter according to the books.

I actually prefer earthtones in my personal wardrobe. I tend to wear a lot of brown, green, and red.
    @sandmanCCL, I guess I didn't notice the base background color, but you're right. I didn't mean my color observation as a criticism or anything like that; I was just noticing that you seem to like the brighter colors. Your figures are awesome. Do you use those for the game you play at the hobby shop?
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I totally did that with my party too! >.<
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @belgarathmth: That's the plan. Haven't actually played anybody yet because I don't want to actually play the game til I get my full army painted. Still have 3 dudes on bikes, a guy with a big-ass sword, a psychic dude, the chapter chaplain, and 5 terminators left before my Dark Angels are done.

Then comes the fun part when I paint my chaos dudes. 20 cultists, the chaos lord, the helbrute (giant posessed walking machine of doom), 6 chosen of chaos, 9 chaos space marines, 4 possessed space marines, 3 chaos bikers, a posessed champion, an aspiring chaos lord, and a transport vehicle.

Can't wait. It'll keep me busy through the holiday season for sure.

I'm wondering where you picked up a "brighter colors" vibe from me. Outside of my figurines, I don't think I've posted many photos. Like I said, at least on my person, I prefer more muted earth tones. Also tend to prefer cool colors (blues, greys, blacks). I'm weird in that I hate the sun. I love a good rainy day, or better yet the period before it rains when the sky is just grey. It's really calming to me.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    PeteAtoms said:

Very cool. I'm a little too preoccupied with making sure the character colors match the palette seen in the portraits to do this kind of thing for any significant amount of time :p

I kind of wish the color choices would get updated though, what we have is too limited, IMO.

If you play around with Shadowkeeper there's plenty of colors / hues to try for a perfect match.
    @Koson, I'd love to do that, but right now, the constant need for moving files around is putting me off using SK a bit, because it's a pain. @Aosaw gave some tips for making it all work automatically using obscure Windows tricks, but it was way beyond my computer skill.

I hope there will be a BG:EE version of SK soon, which would also help me start rebuilding my portrait collection.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    Shandyr said:

@belgarathmth

For you my friend, hope you like it
    This song came immediately into my mind
    (I already told you that I adore Sarah ;) )

In the spirit of the this song,
    the colors of the rainbow, they all belong to you, belgar ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDCzpzdYu8w

New attraction in Nashkell! Enjoy the rainbow color show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGycltFrVLI&amp;feature=youtu.be

Is it sad I keep replaying the video over and over and over and over and over and over and....

RAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    edited December 2012

RAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!

I think this can be considered dangerous ;)