Skip to content

No ending movie after final battle / Broken "Final Save"?

m4x4rtm4x4rt Member Posts: 10
1. After the last battle I was returned to the main menu. No ending movie, but only a message saying "Final Save" was created (which it did: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43062944/cloud/ipad-final-save.jpg ).

2. Loading "Final-Save" loads the game, but exits back to the main menu screen after only a few seconds. (ie. I am unable to continue where I left off.)

Device: iPad mini
iOS: 6.0.1
Baldur's Gate version: 1.0.2009

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    This isn't a bug. The purpose of the final save is to provide a save that can be imported into the second game. In order to continue playing your game, you must load a save from before you fight the final boss.
    m4x4rt
  • m4x4rtm4x4rt Member Posts: 10
    TJ_Hooker said:

This isn't a bug. The purpose of the final save is to provide a save that can be imported into the second game. In order to continue playing your game, you must load a save from before you fight the final boss.

Thank you. Not obvious, but makes sense.

TJ_Hooker
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Is there supposed to be a "final movie" however? It's been years since I've played this.
    Illydth said:

Is there supposed to be a "final movie" however? It's been years since I've played this.

I believe so, yes. See:
    If that's the case is this a bug that it's not playing?
    Illydth said:

If that's the case is this a bug that it's not playing?

I would think so, yeah.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    Did you have a movie for Beregost, Nashkel, Cloakwood, the mine, Baldur's Gate ?
    BJMJD said:

Did you have a movie for Beregost, Nashkel, Cloakwood, the mine, Baldur's Gate ?

Yep I did (if you're referring to the image + scrolling text + voiceover).
    There's also actual videos when resting, and also when starting Baldur's Gate.

I'll need to check in the .IPA to see if there's the ending video in there.
  • qbahqbah Member Posts: 25
    BJMJD said:

Actually, now that you mention it - I did not get the Beregost or Nashkel movies on my iPad. I'm not the OP, I didn't finish the game yet on my iPad, but I only got the intro and that's it. I get a video when I rest (always the camp fire one) and the monologue when changing chapters, but no videos when entering cities. I remember in the old BG, there was a video when entering Beregost (some lady dropping a water bucket down from a window) and in Nashkel (kobolds sneaking in the fields).

It is not me who have this problem, but somebody mentioned it in the french part.

@qbah and @Katerina
    1) Which Ipad do you have? (It is a Ipad version's issue?)

2) Can you check, like m4x4rt said it, if you have the movies in your .IPA file ?
    I have a black iPad 2, a 16GB 3G model with latest iOS 6.0.1.

How can I check if I have those files?
    1) Find Baldur's Gate 1.0.1.ipa in your itunes library
    2) Copy this file somewhere as we will be modifying it
    3) Change the extension of the the copy to .zip
    4) Unzip the file
    5) Look for in the resulting files
    Sorry, I don't use iTunes. So the .ipa file is not on my PC.

Let's see what the other people find out.
    You should can use also iFunBox :

http://www.i-funbox.com/
    There's an "endmovie.mp4" (and an "endcredit.mp4" which I suppose are the end credits, which weren't played either when I finished the game on my iPad).

Here's a capture of the folders & files inside the .IPA:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43062944/cloud/Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 7.30.57 AM.png
    So yes, I believe this is a bug, hence why I posted on the forum.
    I tweeted @TrentOster and @CameronTofer yesterday about this issue ( ), but got no reply yet.
    Seems it's impacting all movies? None played when entering cities for the first time and also the wrong one when sleeping at an inn?
    qbah said:

Seems it's impacting all movies? None played when entering cities for the first time and also the wrong one when sleeping at an inn?

Yes. It's quite a sad (and rather obvious) bug really. Hope they'll fix it soon.

Adding to the bug report thread for visibility.
    Illydth said:

Adding to the bug report thread for visibility.

Thank you!