Skip to content

Irreversible wild surge: Color Change

PhoenixDownPhoenixDown Member Posts: 38
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Wild Surge: Color Change is bugged. Neera casted wild surge and her colors to bright yellow/goldish. Yea annoying, but hey that's the life of a wild mage. So I went to sleep for 24h... colors didn't change. Oh well maybe I need to cast that surge again? After 30 minutes of unlucky rolls I finally did cast another color change and nothing. No effect. Color is still bright yellow. The only fix is to cast a sex change surge(belt doesn't work either) and colors go back to normal.
Please fix it. It's kinda ground breaking if you happen to cast it as looking at Neera in bright yellow is quite annoying.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• PhoenixDownPhoenixDown Member Posts: 38
    *sighs*
    I have found another "fix". I have killed off Neera and brought back to life. Colors were back to normal.
  • migismigis Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    My first wild Mage so I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. She had a wild surge, and her entire sprite is now gold. Skin, hair, clothes. Manually changing the colors doesn't work, equipping new armor doesn't work, resting and restarting the game doesn't work. I hope this is fixable or at least dis-spellable.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • migismigis Member Posts: 5
    Thank you, I'll try it out tonight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2012
    Hey, I just met Neera, and this is crazy, but here's a Wild surge. So reload maybe ?
    Wulfy
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    @Aranthys A few months too late on that one.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2012
    Merged
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    (...)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

*sighs*
    I have found another "fix". I have killed off Neera and brought back to life. Colors were back to normal.

That solution has interesting RPG reprucutions...
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Color change should only last a short time if I recall correctly, shouldn't even need to find work arounds/kill characters. Only other thing is keep getting wildsurges til you get color change again, I seem to remember it undoing it/reversing it other than that resting once or twice would get rid of it.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    She turned orange in my game and I fixed it by going to a temple and buying Dispel Magic on her. It didn't work the first time, she kept "resisting" it. I had to buy it ~10 times before it worked.
    Woo
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    @Bugrat it might have just been cheaper to kill her and do Raise Dead, which only cost me 100g in my game :)

I just basically pretended that instead of being "Color Change" the Wild Surge was "force you to waste a trip to a church and 100 gold"
    thelee said:

@Bugrat it might have just been cheaper to kill her and do Raise Dead, which only cost me 100g in my game :)

I just basically pretended that instead of being "Color Change" the Wild Surge was "force you to waste a trip to a church and 100 gold"

But as was mentioned this can have serious repercussions to her quests/romance. Dispel seems safer. If you are concerned with saving money, save at npc and dispel, load if needed. No deaths involved.
  • OooOoOnOooOoOn Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I play as a wild mage and when I cast a spell and had a random effect to it, my character turned yellow/goldish

I thought the effect would be temporary but I have tried resting, restarting the game at least 5 times but nothing helps. Taking the robe of Im wearing solves nothing, the entire player model is yellow/goldish.

Anyone experienced something similar? Solutions?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This was added to tracker (though the original bg2 had this too), Cori fixed it.
    WooPhoenixDownlolien
  • OooOoOnOooOoOn Member Posts: 5
    i managed to dispel it after few attempts. I managed to eliminate the whole party a few times first thanks to wild surges. Thank you for the help btw!!

This was added to tracker (though the original bg2 had this too), Cori fixed it.

^ I believe the only ways to remove it in bg2 were dispels like low % success, and getting the color change again I believe it was like an on/off switch, and of course killing/rez but can't do that to main character.
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown Member Posts: 38
    I didn't play wild mage in BG2 that much to get the color change surge. It's great to hear that the noisy bug was added to tracker. I hope it will be reversible in the future via resting or casting another color surge... would be nice if the colors would actually be something funny like rainbow type instead of that banana/yellowish, but I guess it's asking for too much.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    It was always permanent. It has to be dispelled. Some effects are so it's not really a bug.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Has anyone tried using a temple/cleric's spell Restoration spell on her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.