Skip to content

Scroll case!!

SedSed Member Posts: 790
Been running through BGEE now and I'm in chapter five, and I'm simply drowning in scrolls, letters etc.

What happened to implementing a scroll case? We got the gem bag and potion bag, but the scroll case is equally important!
SilverstarAethernaut

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag03") in case you are impatient. I think its in the game some where, most likely a shop.
    lolien
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    It is NOT in the game. Only cheats can bring it into the game at this moment.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2012
    I found one legitimately close to the beginning of the game. I just can't remember exactly where. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the console to create it, unless I did but forgot.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    It is rather annoying that a piece of paper takes as much space as a two handed sword... ;)
    HexHammerIecerintDarksheerJameswclee
    edited December 2012
    @LaughingMan It's possible that I could have created it with the console, but I personally don't think that's too likely. I'm not a scroll collecting kind of player, so if I have too many scrolls I'd just sell them, I don't think it's a big deal. So going out of my way to create one with the console doesn't really sound like something I would do. I think a bag of holding is much more useful, and I haven't even made one of those with the console. When I get home I'll try to look for it a little.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its possible that there'll be a way to obtain one in-game in the next patch.
    edited December 2012
    @Tanthalas So is it confirmed that there isn't one that you can legitimately get currently in the game? Now I'm really curious, because it's unlikely that I would be the only person to find one. But on the other hand, I don't remember making one with the console, and it doesn't seem like something I would do.
    @Awong124

Lol, maybe there is one in the game already but we can't find it either.
    @Tanthalas But wouldn't the developers know where it is if there is one? Since the original BG didn't have it, they would have had to deliberately added one in somewhere.
    @Awong124

They're human and can forget things too.
    @Tanthalas Hmm... It seems like something that would or should have been documented somewhere. But I guess if they don't know, then they don't know. I will do some investigating when I get home.
    @Awong124

Its more likely that they simply forgot to put a scroll case in the game though.
    I think they forgot ^^

I'm still a bit upset that I had to CluaConsole my elven chain into the game :-p
    I looked in some places where I thought it might have been, but didn't find it. Maybe I did create it via console and forgot. I'll see if I can find it again in my next playthrough.
    Ok, this is so weird. I make an archive save at the beginning of every chapter, so I went back and looked at my saves to try to narrow down when I got the scroll case. To my surprise, I had it right at the beginning of Chapter One. That means I got it in Candlekeep. Now I am 100% certain I didn't create it via console, because there wouldn't have been enough scrolls to obtain in Candlekeep to even warrant making one.

Since the developers added one in as a reward for doing Firebead's quest in Candlekeep, this isn't really all that important anymore.

@Tanthalas Is it possible that the devs did have it in the game all along, but before the latest patch for some reason Firebead only gave the scroll case as a reward by an extremely low random chance and I was somehow lucky enough to get it? Or that the reward was bugged, and only through some special circumstances would Firebead give it to you?
    lolien
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Awong124 It was added purely so that players could legitimately get a scroll case in the game. :)
    lolien
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Jalily said:

@Awong124 It was added purely so that players could legitimately get a scroll case in the game. :)

Where?? :D
    @Woo
    From Firebead Elvenhair as a quest reward (most people say when you meet him again in Beregost)
    @Jalily It was added in the latest update, but I inexplicably got it legitimately in Candlekeep way before that.
    Just restarted and did all of Candlekeep, did not get a scrollcase. :(
    Woo said:

Just restarted and did all of Candlekeep, did not get a scrollcase. :(

Well, now people are saying you get it from Firebead in Beregost.
    Thanks. :)
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    Now if I could just get that quest to show up, I'd be good to go.

Not a big deal though, I already put one in my inventory before the patch. Still, I'd like to know why Firebead Elvenhair never shows up for me after Candlekeep (currently clearing Cloakwood mine at the moment).
    @LaughingMan
    Maybe you killed him? ;)
    Nope, I'm being all nice and well-behaved this play through.
    @LaughingMan
    You know he is inside his house, right? (just checking)
    @Sed Yup, just some kid and a couple female commoners in there though. I should probably just spawn him with the console or something. Anyone know the command to pop him in, by chance?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @LaughingMan Firebead lives in the blue house just north of that one.
    lolien
    @LaughingMan
    The map marker is a bit off.. as @Jalily pointed out :-)