Skip to content

will Neera romance female characters?

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'm just curious.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Unfortunately, no.
  • NikademusNikademus Member Posts: 1
    Jalily said:

Unfortunately, no.

Too bad...

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    There are a few workarounds. If the search function were a bit more usable, I'd pull it up. Just let us know if you want to go through the trouble of an imperfect workaround. :)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Will Rasaad romance male characters?
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    DJKajuru said:

Will Rasaad romance male characters?

No.

• secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    I took a quick look around and don't see the workaround. I'm assuming you switch a flag in Shadowkeeper. Which one?
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    I'm also curious if there is a workaround via the girdle or other in-game gender swap effects.

Also, what are the relevant flags to set to get that process (the romance plot) started, and is it possible to begin the romantic exchanges after the events with Adoy?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012

I took a quick look around and don't see the workaround. I'm assuming you switch a flag in Shadowkeeper. Which one?

Doesn't work that way this time. See below.

I'm also curious if there is a workaround via the girdle or other in-game gender swap effects.

Also, what are the relevant flags to set to get that process (the romance plot) started, and is it possible to begin the romantic exchanges after the events with Adoy?

Yes. In fact, the romance doesn't start until a week after she gives you the quest. In order to romance Neera as a female character, wear the genderswap girdle before you go to sleep. If it's time, she'll talk to you once you wake up, and you can remove the girdle and continue playing as a woman. Do this every few days. If she goes more than a week without speaking and you haven't said anything mean to her, you have reached the end of the romance (or encountered a bug...).

Number of romance talks:
    Post edited by Jalily on
    @Jalily Excellent, that is exactly what I had hoped. Thank you.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    If Neera finds out that you used foul sorcery to mess with her tender feeling, she'll run wild...
    She's always running wild... and maybe she actually *wants* a woman with man-bits.
    I have a slightly different approach.

I create a male character, set a custom portrait and soundset, and then shadowkeep the avatar and paper doll to female. This way, the only evidence of "maleness" is found on the record page. Neera romances you because the game thinks you're male. As a bonus:

As a bonus, Neera does not use gender specific language if you successfully navigate the romance, in at leat my experience and one other poster's.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    But what if Neera got that one sex change wild surge? Would she change her mind about romancing females?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

I'm just curious.

Ha!

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Tresset No, she wouldn't, because in her script file it checks if the gender of the PC is male.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Kaeloree I know. I couldn't resist making a little joke.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I AM MISSING ALL THE JOKES AT THE MOMENT UGH.

Carry on! :D
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    this is precisely why modding exists. gay romances are not most people's cup of tea (including yours truly, but i don't care about any romances whatsoever).
    @Kaeloree
    Nicely done.
  • Loki330Loki330 Member Posts: 15
    bob_veng said:

this is precisely why modding exists. gay romances are not most people's cup of tea (including yours truly, but i don't care about any romances whatsoever).

Honestly, I'm glad Neera and Rasaad aren't. I feel making them all bisexual flattens them as characters. I know in Dragonage I
    Alistair, Leliana and Wynne, but especially Alistair got people's backs up by having certain issues they utterly refused to move from
    but that sort of thing also made them more real in my mind. By extension, so did the fact two of them was hetero only. It made sense from a storyline point of view for the other two, but when Dragonage II rolled around, I felt the fact the Three Stooges were romancable regardless of gender cheapened them, like someone was going through a checklist and went "Fanservice characters? Check."
    Following on from this, when in Mass Effect III
    I discovered Kaidan had 'suddenly' become gay my initial thought wasn't "Oh, character development" it was "Oh great, yaoi fangirls got their way." It felt like the character had been cheapened (in much the same way Ashley's tits suddenly ballooned and she began prancing around in a skirt.

That's my opinion, and I know others are bound to disagree, so take it for what it is. My opinion.