Skip to content

Planscape torment

MomosMomos Member Posts: 2
Now that we have BG, repair bugs And make PT
Aegir_Fellwood

Comments

• BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Meh, I think PS:T would be a little rougher to sell on the iPad. It's all about the text in that game.

I'd rather get a working version of ToEE
    Momos
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I'd rather get a working version of BGEE.
  • AmerigoVAmerigoV Member Posts: 8
    iKrivetko said:

Bad kitty!
  • ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
    God, an iPad version of PS:T would make my LIFE. Also Icewind Dale pls :D
    Ruckus3Aegir_Fellwood
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    BG2:EE is identified as the next project they're doing. I'd LOVE to see them do PS:T as well, greatest storyline in a game ever made.

We can hope.
    Aegir_FellwoodAntonSarthos
  • MomosMomos Member Posts: 2
    Bigity said:

Meh, I think PS:T would be a little rougher to sell on the iPad. It's all about the text in that game.
    that would be working version of ToEE

that would be great too
  • jedolleyjedolley Member Posts: 9
    Bigity said:

I'd rather get a working version of ToEE

I don't disagree, but if BGEE and BG2EE are as successful as I expect them to be then I wouldn't be surprised if we see PS:T. Also if there is enough interest in the EE version of PS:T on the PC or Mac then there would be no reason for them not to make an iPad version as well.

• davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    iKrivetko said:

I already have one of those!

Though I don't use multiplayer, which seems to be broke according to threads.
  • godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14
    Yeah, but the last patch seems to have repaired the main bugs in the multiplayer.. and yes, I've also been thinking of Planescape Torment.. mainly for having a smoother "gameplay" and slightly better graphics.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    I have only played the vanilla PS:T and some spells couldn't be used without friendly fire. I look forward to playing with sufficient zoom one day on a higher resolution.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Diablo 1 for ipad!!!!! enhanced ofc
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I would absolutey love a PS:T:EE. Particularly if they are actually able to make it HD (and I believe I read that the assets are still around, so it might be a possibility). Also, if they do make it, I hope they actually increase the party size to 8. It always seemed silly having a party size of 6 when there were only 8 characters.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    how bout we focus on what's important

Which is BG2:EE and BG3..

Who needs a new version of IWD? I still play that game there's nothing wrong with it
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Riolathel said:

Who needs a new version of IWD? I still play that game there's nothing wrong with it

Check the name of the category you're in for a hint.
    Aegir_Fellwood
  • SermonSermon Member Posts: 8
    Riolathel said:

I beg to differ. Surely different people have different views on what's "important" and what's not. I'd never assume that what I deem important is equally important for others.

That said, I, for one, would LOVE a new version of Icewind Dale, because I am a huge fan, because I think the "Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter + Trials of the Luremaster" is the BEST and most enjoyable IE-game-package and there are lots of things wrong with it.

For example, I've tried to play IWD+HOW+TOTLM on the Mac using Wine and gameplay is rather laggy. When enabling OpenGL-acceleration the game crashes every time you enter certain buildings or leave an area. I'd like a top-looking version of IWD+HOW+TOTLM for the Mac that runs smoothly and doesn't crash every time I leave an area. THAT's what is important to ME, and yes, more important than BG2EE.
  • ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
    I compltely agree with you Sermon. I also can't get IWD to work on my Macbook or my main PC that runs Windows 7.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Not that I'm trying to take away from the options available to Beamdog, but Keep in mind that I believe GOG.com already sells all of those games and they WILL work on Win7 PC's. (Don't know if you can get it on MAC or not).

That's not an attempt to say "we don't need IWD+Expansions", it's just an identification to Shadiou and others that if you REALLY want to play those games there IS a way to do it on current hardware.