Skip to content

Can't download app

grintrichagrintricha Member Posts: 6
edited January 2013 in iPad (Archive)
Got a shiney new ipad ive paid for the app, but the icon on the desktop just says loading, with half a bar displayed.

On the App Store it says it is installing but with nothing happening.

Not a great start to the world of apple.

Any help gratefully appreciated, thanks
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Got a shiney new ipad ive paid for the app, but the icon on the desktop just says loading, with half a bar displayed.

On the App Store it says it is installing but with nothing happening.

Not a great start to the world of apple.

Any help gratefully appreciated, thanks

The game is huge compared to most apps in the AppStore, that's why it's taking so long, and seems to be at a standstill a lot of the time.

Just have patience, even on a high speed network, it may take longer than you expect.

Looking at the timestamp of your post, I'm counting on its finished now, though. :)
  • grintrichagrintricha Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, it keeps saying cannot download bg at this time and then restarting the download.

It took a bit of time to work out there was no central apps section in settings, but I have now managed to cancel the download at least. Will try again this evening.

Thanks for trying to help though
    Richard
  • grintrichagrintricha Member Posts: 6
    Nope, doesn't download just keeps telling me it is installing and then that it can't download at this time. The email reciept won't let contact beam dog. All in all utter crack. My opinion of apple could not be lower, style over content.

Has nobody else experienced this?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    That's strange...
    Maybe it's a problem either on Apple's servers. Though that's not something I've heard happen before..
    Could also be your Internet provider.. Do you have a monthly limit on your bandwidth?

Are you sure you've got enough free space on your iPad?
    The game needs space both for the installer and the actual game at the same time,
    After installation the installer is deleted.
    Can't remember the requirement, but I believe you need at least 3 GB, maybe more.

A possible quick solution for you would be to download the game via iTunes on your PC.
    Then it's just a matter of syncing your iPad with your PC, and you'll only need space for the actual game, as the install files is on the computer.