Skip to content

Dual-classing to mage (from Kensai, Thief) - No spells to select!

eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
When Dual-Classing from Kensai to mage, no spells show up that can be selected in order to proceed, only escape returns to previous screen. Spells should be selectable when dual-classing to mage.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• maarelmaarel Member Posts: 1
    I rolled a Kensai and have 17 in int. When I hit dual class (im human of course), it will let me pick abilities, but when I get to spell selection, it says i must pick 2 spells but all spell slots are empty.

I am then unable to dual class.

is this a bug or did something change?

thanks for the help everyone
  • ArcadorArcador Member Posts: 22
    Can you skip the spell picks? I guess it's a bug if you can't. Or it should provide you with sample spells.
  • elric555elric555 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    I'm trying to dual class my thief to mage and he has 18 dex and 18 int so it lets me choose mage as a dual class but when it goes to skill it asks me to pick two spell but there is nothing to choose from I tried dual claasing Imeon and I had the same problem does anyone else have this problem or a way to fix it.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • PalanorTPalanorT Member Posts: 2
    I can only comment to say that I also have a problem Dual Classing.

I chose to dual-class Imoen to a Wizard and it told me to choose spells... the thing was that it told me to chose like over 500k spells! Tried to print-screen it but apperantly Prnt Scrn doesn't do the job ^^. Needless to say, I couldn't choose over 500k spells and thus I couldn't press "Done" and so Imoen is still a regular thief :S
  • eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
    I should add that this occurs in the black pits, not regular game.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Could you upload the save file with that character that can't dual-class correctly?
  • casezulucasezulu Member Posts: 11
    I have also experienced the same. I tried as low as level 2 and as high as level 9 with the exact same results. I am not sure how to upload a save file.
  • eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
    Tanthalas said:

Could you upload the save file with that character that can't dual-class correctly?

How would I go about that?
  • mstrnealmstrneal Member Posts: 5
    charname is currently a level 4 Kensai, ready to level-up. Wanted to dual-class to mage.

Problem: on the dual-class "skills" screen, it will not let me click "done", and it says I can add "0" spells to my level 1 spellbook. (on one attempt, it said i had 57868565 spells left to pick)
    Expected: Dual-class "skills" screen allows me to pick which starter spells I want, and click on done to finish the process.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    At which level do you dual? I had no problem with selecting spells. At least, not the problem you described.
  • mstrnealmstrneal Member Posts: 5
    This problem magically disappeared after I restarted the game several times.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I cannot make this happen, i always get to choose 2 spells. Anyone with [2010] or later still experiencing the problem?
    @Avenger_teambg

I couldn't reproduce this even with the release build. I think I saw a bug report with someone having the same problem with Imoen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2012
    @Shandyr

Yep, I imagine that whatever the issue is, Imoen has the same problem.

Though, the thing about Imoen's thief skills being lost needs to be checked.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.