Skip to content

Neera Romance, a little.....short (spoilers)

Infern0Infern0 Member Posts: 44
Alright fellas, well I just "finished" the romance I think and well, a bit short wasn't it?

Unless there is more to come, (just had the "kiss"), I think it's a little dissapointing.

What there was, was enjoyable but considering the hype around having romancable NPC in the game I was hoping for something at least as long as BG2 romances? The dialogue and waiting for the next conversation is one of the best things about the RPG element imo.

That's literally my only complaint about BG:EE, I hope there will be DLC or something to address it because it feels unfinished.

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2012
    The BGEE romances are mostly just a start. They're going to be continued in BG2EE
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I haven't finished it yet(maybe I won't finish it at all) but I know what you are talking about. More dialogs between party members will make the game even better, so I agree. Hope that in the next updates more dialogs will be added, and in BG2EE too.
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    Oh, I thought "a little.....short" was a quote from the romance
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Like Tanthalas said they are suppose to continue in BG2EE, still I get your disappointment, since we'll have to wait at least a year for that.

Still being able to quote Breaking Bad at Dorn to make him respect me will keep a smile on my face for the duration.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I feel like such a shill saying this, haha, but if you want more Neera content: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/

This is exactly why I wrote it!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Kaeloree said:

I feel like such a shill saying this, haha, but if you want more Neera content: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/

This is exactly why I wrote it!

You are a good person.
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    I for the most part am skeptical of people being overly critical of Beamdog, who really did a vast amount of work (most of which is 'long run' sort of work, thus far, and not immediate gratification work) - but .... when it comes to the romances, the comment seems fair. I mean, if they want to be able to show they can create original content, they have to actually ... I don't know ... create some?

I think a part of this is that, in all fairness, they wanted that 0-day free DLC, which has still not yet come out, because they underestimated the amount of work it would take to update BG2. This is understandable - and the cause of a lot of criticism from those who do not understand it.

Still, there could have been a bit more to the romance.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    @Tanthalas I suggest adjusting your marketing technique further towards the truth next time. For instance instead of "An engaging romantic adventure" you should have said "The exciting budding of a romantic adventure that shall be continued in our next installment". The first one seems more of a lie than what was given to us.
    I think part of the problem is that they made the decision to have every single line voiced, and this is very expensive.

I'm hoping in BG2:EE they stick to what the original game had--just the first lines of each dialogue voiced--so that they have the freedom to write more dialogue :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @loganultima

You're going to have to bring that up with the Overhaul people, I'm just a volunteer moderator here.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    At least people got that far. I pissed her off during her special quest and she hasn't spoken to me since. Should rename her as Eilonwy:
    By Bellaro
    @Tanthalas I would very much appreciate it if you could pass on my concern to the rest of the team, if you are in touch with them.
    @loganultima They've heard it before, don't worry :)
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I romanced Rasaad and I thought I did something wrong because it was so short. It felt more like friendly flirting then anything really.
    Don't get me wrong, overall I enjoyed the game and I think Overhaul did an amazing job, I just dislike being deceived.