Skip to content

Bg 2 full test on Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

Hello guys, I wanted to bring to light just what the Galaxy Note 2 is capable of. So I did some tests to show how good the s pen, processors and 5.5 amoled hd screen are.

Screenshot of Note 2 playing BG 2. Captured the bag open, as the weight is probably the smallest font.

As I previously said, I see no reason why bg.ee won't be playable! It is an amazing phone that is more than capable.

m.flickr.com/#/photos/39027360@N04/8268789088/

regards

Comments

• kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    I'm probably missing something obvious but how do you get that to run on your note?
  • kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    Ahh reading some more of your posts i've just googled and found out about gemrb so I guess I've answered my own question lol!
    MystraTheMage
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hehe, you have resillience in getting BGEE to Note =) My guess is that it isnt too unlikely, but probably will require patience...
  • SeranSeran Member Posts: 28
    Correct me if I'm wrong but GemRB is a clone, so it's not exactly the same engine, thus not the same specs are required. GemRB should also be more easily portable as it's probably it's biggest feature.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    That is right @Seran. Actually, it seems that overhaul has rewritten alot of the engine code. This can screw a bit with system requirements. There is no doubt that BG can run on the Note, but it requires tailoring.
  • NuttyNutty Member Posts: 17
    I'm trying to get bg2 to work with my note 2
    But I always get a blue-screen freeze bug.
    How did you get it to work?
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    You need to install on pc, then copy all files except exe files and replace the demo files on your phone.
  • NuttyNutty Member Posts: 17
    Done all that.

The problem is, when the game starts (after creation) I simply get a blue screen and crash. I have tried modify all most, everything in the GemRB.cfg but I still get the crash.

The demo worked fine, and tutorial works all so(full game).
  • rodachmerodachme Member Posts: 2
    Bg1, Bg2 and Planescape Torment work fine on my Note II, using GemRB. GemRB as a program works best with Bg2 though. In BG1 there are a few glitches, although nothing that prevents from finishing the game. Torment is probably not quite playable all way through, according to the GemRB site, but I haven't encountered any real show stopper so far. (Torment is _by far_ the superior game, imo. It's got a better setting, a better story, waaay better dialogue and is challenging in a more interesting way.)

Anyway, I'm just confirming that the Samsung Galaxy Note II is very capable of running these games.
    MystraTheMage
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    rodachme said:

Bg1, Bg2 and Planescape Torment work fine on my Note II, using GemRB. GemRB as a program works best with Bg2 though. In BG1 there are a few glitches, although nothing that prevents from finishing the game. Torment is probably not quite playable all way through, according to the GemRB site, but I haven't encountered any real show stopper so far. (Torment is _by far_ the superior game, imo. It's got a better setting, a better story, waaay better dialogue and is challenging in a more interesting way.)

Anyway, I'm just confirming that the Samsung Galaxy Note II is very capable of running these games.

It really is a great phone!