Skip to content

What does the idol do?

There is an idol to be found in an excavation site in one of the western regions of the game. You take it, and some Doomguard attacks you. I beat it so now what can I do with the idol itself?

Comments

• tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Thanks! I wonder if the sword is any good.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Probably not for you would it do any good. ;)
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Its a Vampiric Sword, what more could you ask for? It has its uses for sure,
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    What are the stats of the sword?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited December 2012

It causes you to go beserk and lose hit points with every hit you deliver.

The Vampire's Revenge
    It would seem that the very speculation of this weapon's existence has conspired to pull it from the realm of fantasy and into the everyday—though, as with all things that come from dreams, it is not as it truly seems. The blade is indeed vampiric, as the name would suggest, though not in the manner the finder might have hoped. It is rumored that the blade, instead of performing as one might think a vampiric blade would, was actually constructed by vampires as a trap for those that could eventually oppose them. These incredibly clever fiends have apparently fashioned numerous versions of these unfortunate blades over time, and they are the bane of all right-thinking adventurers. Each swing actually inflicts damage upon the wielder, as life energies are drained in order to heal intended victim. Were this not enough, the weapon is cursed so as to prevent its removal, and the user is smitten with a wasting of the mind, that may not even think of trying to rid self of it. This may be among the few magical treasures that are simply not worth the trouble of seeking, and one may better spend one's time having a lovely beverage, rather than gallivanting about the wilderness with a pack full of rubbish chasing phantoms.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    Affects Intelligence in a negative manner... I think... duhhhhhh

Combat abilities:
    Inflicts damage upon the wielder and heals the target

THAC0: +1
    Damage: 1d8+1 (slashing)
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency Type: Long Sword
    Type: One-handed
    Requires:
    6 Strength

Weight: 4
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.