Skip to content

Firebead's home

For the life of me, I can't find the "hotspot" to enter the man's house in Beregost (it's the blue roofed one with a map marker). Does it actually have one in the port? If so, any tips on how to find it?

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I dont have an Ipad, but it is probably there. Pause the game a push around on the roof til you get a single cursor (indicating that you pressed the door)?
  • davebaumdavebaum Member Posts: 4
    The door seems to be on the South side of the house. The house South of Firebeard's has a brown roof and two chimneys. Start at the left edge of the chimney closest to Firebeard's and click about an inch below where the chimney meets the roof. The pause trick helps a lot since you can quickly click a bunch of different places until you find the one that works.
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    Well, as @Aristillius said, pause the game, select your whole party and then click all around the building to try and find the entrance. When you only see one movement indicator instead of six, you know that you've clicked the entrance and can unpause. Furthermore, I've noticed a bug in the game that makes it impossible to click npc:s or entrances whatsoever unless you play around with the zoom a little. Just zoom in and out and it should fix itself.
    Riolathel
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    i've had the same issue @rafner
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I knew about the pause trick and the 1 movement indicator instead of 6, I just had a lot of trouble finding that sweet spot.

Due to perspective, the entrance to the blue house (Firebead's) actually looks like it's in the brown roofed house to the south of it, which I think is what davebaum is trying to say. I appreciate the responses.

I screenied it in case anyone else is finding frustrated. So glad this game is back, despite the quibbles.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/solidus0079/baldur/2012-12-15162644_zpscf6d77a7.png
    Bigity
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    Well i managed to enter the door in just 3 tries on iPad. It's there. Think of door as being located in perspective (buildings are tall, so from perspective the door on the ground floor can be seen as located way to the south vs. chimneys)
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

Yeah I knew about the pause trick and the 1 movement indicator instead of 6, I just had a lot of trouble finding that sweet spot.

Due to perspective, the entrance to the blue house (Firebead's) actually looks like it's in the brown roofed house to the south of it, which I think is what davebaum is trying to say. I appreciate the responses.

I screenied it in case anyone else is finding frustrated. So glad this game is back, despite the quibbles.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/solidus0079/baldur/2012-12-15162644_zpscf6d77a7.png

"The journey took 20 hours" gets a completely new meaning in this context, doesn't it?
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    "Of course, heh!"

Seriously, though. My kingdom for tappable hotspots and other things you could find by mousing over on PC added to the "show treasure and npc's" button. I ran into this again for a couple minutes trying to leave the Cloakwood tree house. XD
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I'll check to see if this has been reported separately in the bug thread. I think this diserves its own identifier.