Skip to content

Boo doesn't squeak

2»

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, the text is cut off and i don't hear squeak - ever :(
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    And here I was, curious if the original squeak ( audio of programmer sped up ) was going to be kept, or a new one, similar to BG2's version.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    Merged the bugreports.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    up
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Boo is not squeaking to anyone until all the other bugs are fixed... He is that kind of upright hamster...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Well he squeaks in my game :P
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    "No comment."
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    He doesn't squeak in mine, on any screen.

And where is Minsc's warning glare?
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    Boo squeaks when I click him in inventory windows. But he doesn't squeak after Minsc's lines. It's a game breaker for me.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I googled "Boo doesn't squeak" and found a post but when I clicked it it was nowhere to be found so I'm thinking it got deleted. I've played untill Chapter Three and whenever Minsc says something I have no audio of Boo the giant space hamster. I really liked the squeaks in BG2 it made everything feel more immersive. I would like to know what I can do to fix this issue and breathe life back into Boo. (As now he's just an item...)
  • PerusoePerusoe Member Posts: 46
    As stated in an "Announcement" thread (somewhere in these forums), there's a lot of content missing from the game due to lost or corrupted data. Apparently, there's also some content that is tied up in contractual legalese or whatever.

But I know what you mean. It's a shame that so much neat stuff is gone from the game. For example, at the start of the game, in Candlekeep, if you click on one of the Chanters on the southeast side of the Library, you get the message in the text box, "Chanter has nothing to say to you". In the original game, you could click on them, they would repeat their chant and the text would end up in the text box so you could actually read each prophecy of Alaundo, in case you missed it when they're all chanting at the same time.

(Sometimes, it's the little things that make the difference). ;-)

Heck! If they asked me and tell me where to send it, I'd make a copy of my original Baldur's Gate DVD and give it to Devs. (All the content they need should be on the DVD, right?)
    Soooo how can we get this to work?!
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012

Boo squeaks when I click him in inventory windows. But he doesn't squeak after Minsc's lines. It's a game breaker for me.

I googled "Boo doesn't squeak" and found a post but when I clicked it it was nowhere to be found so I'm thinking it got deleted. I've played untill Chapter Three and whenever Minsc says something I have no audio of Boo the giant space hamster. I really liked the squeaks in BG2 it made everything feel more immersive. I would like to know what I can do to fix this issue and breathe life back into Boo. (As now he's just an item...)

Perusoe said:

As stated in an "Announcement" thread (somewhere in these forums), there's a lot of content missing from the game due to lost or corrupted data. Apparently, there's also some content that is tied up in contractual legalese or whatever.

But I know what you mean. It's a shame that so much neat stuff is gone from the game. For example, at the start of the game, in Candlekeep, if you click on one of the Chanters on the southeast side of the Library, you get the message in the text box, "Chanter has nothing to say to you". In the original game, you could click on them, they would repeat their chant and the text would end up in the text box so you could actually read each prophecy of Alaundo, in case you missed it when they're all chanting at the same time.

(Sometimes, it's the little things that make the difference). ;-)

Heck! If they asked me and tell me where to send it, I'd make a copy of my original Baldur's Gate DVD and give it to Devs. (All the content they need should be on the DVD, right?)

Boo never squeaked in BG1 only in inventory. The Chanter's text isn't missing just use right click instead of left.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    You have to click him from the inventory screen. He squeaks for me and the text is displayed that Minsc doesn't like.

I used the BG2 tweaks to put in the old squeak and that works great too.

You have to click him from the inventory screen. He squeaks for me and the text is displayed that Minsc doesn't like.

I used the BG2 tweaks to put in the old squeak and that works great too.

Thats what I said. :)
    edited December 2012
    I'll tell you what, when Minsc says "Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?" boo is supposed to squeak at the end, he doesn't.
    edited December 2012

I'll tell you what, when Minsc says "Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?" boo is supposed to squeak at the end, he doesn't.

My mistake then.
    Please oh please mighty gods above and hateful from below, let my plea be heard, let the wind carry my cry of distress into the ears of the developers, let it bring a bitter taste of sorrow as the sweet sound of squeaking Boo is replaced by a thick, sullen silence of the void...
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I don't know what to say guys. It works for me.
    Coriander said:

I don't know what to say guys. It works for me.

Does it work for you when Minsc says "Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?" ... boo should then squeak.
    The chanters don't chant in Candlekeep and Boo doesn't squeak, no matter how much I abuse him with the mouse pointer.

It's a deal breaker guys. I can fully accept many of the other challenges faced in this Enhanced Edition but this is totally unacceptable on every level! It's no BG without a squeaking Boo!
    edited December 2012
    The chanters talk in mine, they just don't do it as soon as you walk by. You have to stand around for a while.
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    decado said:

The chanters don't chant in Candlekeep and Boo doesn't squeak, no matter how much I abuse him with the mouse pointer.

It's a deal breaker guys. I can fully accept many of the other challenges faced in this Enhanced Edition but this is totally unacceptable on every level! It's no BG without a squeaking Boo!

@decado ... Your chanters do not... CHANT?!?! I got an Intel chip and my chanters ruddy well chant away! And Boo also squeaks like a squeaky hamster needing oil! Damn shame that it all feels like they are going about it as if someone has slowed down time in a Matrix movie...

@Auduin.
    Actually ignore me totally. The chanters do chant (if I wait for them, the delay is longer than I remember). Boo didn't squeak in the tutorial - however I haven't actually talked to Minsc in game.
  • PerusoePerusoe Member Posts: 46
    ankheg said:

The Chanter's text isn't missing just use right click instead of left.

Excellent! I would have never thought to right-click on an NPC to "talk" to them. I just tried it and it works. Thanks!
  • ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
    Ah I thought it was just me! Tried to get Boo to squeak repeatedly tonight and he wouldn't, poking him and making him squeak is a total highlight of BG1
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    I'll post it here just to make this post a little less depressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozv1RcQJAHA