Skip to content

Scroll Cases?

Has anyone found a scroll case? I don't know if they're actually supposed to be present in game but I figure since gem bags/potion containers are now included I should be able to get me a scroll case too!

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'd like to know too.
    AristilliusEnialusMeliamne
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    Me too. As of now i've found: a gem bag(on Neera, Beregost) and a potion case(sold by Thalantyr in high edge), but still now luck finding a scroll case.

-Endure, in enduring grow strong.(especially when rolling a new character!)
    Post edited by Zarathustra on
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    *bump* anyone found a scroll case yet? Driving me nuts, I don't want to console one in on my first playthrough.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Gotten to just prior the "end" of BGEE if you know what I mean, and I still haven't found one. Looked in Sorcerous Sundries, everywhere I thought I'd find one. Nada.

Would have been fantastic, for as a solo player and the 3+ revelatory notes that came with each plot advancement, my inventory would have looked much cleaner on the trip back to town. +1 to the school of Read then Dump those suckers, I guess.
    colonel_burger
    Buggerit, i'm going to CLUA one in. I refuse to throw out all the letters and protection scrolls I gather throughout the game and it's taking up way too much bag space.
    @Tsyrith thanks for the insight BTW
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2012
    No problemo @colonel_burger. I ended up commandeering an upstairs wardrobe in the Friendly Arm to stash everything in. Player Stronghold hoooo? Also seemed a bit weird putting your bounty notice back into circulation. "Sooo, why are you paying three gold for my Murder Instructions again?"
    I used to always do that in vanilla. I used to use the hunter lodge in Cloakwood that Aldeth abandons.

I also used to stash Ankheg shells, wyvern heads, bodies, nymph bits, and any other flesh junk I came across.

I like the thought of CHARNAME having a hunting lodge hidden in the wilderness loaded with crap, like an old bag lady except for badasses.
  • AshlspiessAshlspiess Member Posts: 26
    Can anybody provide item code for scroll case? Can't find it.
  • AshlspiessAshlspiess Member Posts: 26
    Tried BG2 code, and it worked. BAG03.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I found one legitimately close to the beginning of the game. I just can't remember exactly where.
  • NemNem Member Posts: 51
    Awong124 said:

I found one legitimately close to the beginning of the game. I just can't remember exactly where.

Anyone else find this?

• PosvicPosvic Member Posts: 7
    @Nem It's in Beregost as a quest reward for Firebead
    sepotterFataldarius404
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    It's true, go to his house and he'll ask for a book, go right across the street to the feldpost inn, buy it, and he will reward you with the scroll case, easy as pie.
  • DilidorDilidor Member Posts: 14
    Yup, Firebeard now gives you a useless book, like he always did, PLUS a nifty scroll case. It pays to do the little side quests along the way, I guess.
    sepotter
    @Nem @Posvic @sepotter @Dilidor

I actually obtained one before the latest update where the devs added it in as a reward for Firebead's quest. I got it in Candlekeep somehow, and I am 100% certain I didn't create one via console. As of now it's still a mystery how I got it.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Since you get it from firebead in beregost later, it could be that it was just a glitch that he gave it to you in candlekeep.
    edited December 2012
    sepotter said:

Since you get it from firebead in beregost later, it could be that it was just a glitch that he gave it to you in candlekeep.

That's one of my theories, but there's no way to confirm it unless one of the devs chime in.