Skip to content

The Tale of Baldur's Gate - Told by the BG EE Community

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Abdel walks inside, intending to purchase a pair of katanas, of which he put two stars into at character creation.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    edited December 2012
    Winthrop, the Inn's proprietor, turns to Abdel with a boisterous "My hotel's as clean as an elven arse!"

(EDIT: Oops, forgot only one sentence. Disregard previous novella! :D )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    ( @Shandyr, interesting idea here. I hope it takes off. "First rule of improvisation: The answer is always yes.")

"Ha, you were always such a big kidder, Winthrop! Let me see your wares!"
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2012
    But, oh no: One katana costs 750 GP - to much for our hero, as it seems!?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Faced with a Katana that is too expensive for Abdel, Abdel buys splint mail armor and a helmet.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    He says to himself "Well, maybe I can raise the money by doing some odd jobs around the keep. That old dude over there looks like he needs some help."
    Abdel walks over to the familiar looking old man standing in front of the fireplace.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Firebeard Elvenhair greets Abdel, "Abdel, I lent my scroll to Tethoril and need you to retrieve it for me."
    Abdel agrees to this and with quarterstaff in hand he turns around and exits the inn.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Abdel exits the inn, and walks to the courtyard where he last saw Tethoril, hoping to find him and obtain the scroll for Firebead Elvenhair.
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    "Maybe I should have taken Gorion's advise and go meet him at once, instead of doing what a well-trained dog could do", Abdel contemplated in his mind.
    edited December 2012
    Then after realising that there are no dogs in Candlekeep, only a pair of cats, some rats, and some cows here and there he decides to continue the search for Tethoril without further hesitation.
    Requiring no assistance, and on the go, Abdel deftly dons his splint mail and helmet, winking slyly at the five chanters of Alaundo's prophecies as he glides past.
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    Experiencing a strong sense of déjà-vu and wild overconfidence, our hero hustles over to Gorion in order to get the show on the road (to the Friendly Arms Inn).
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    "Heya, its me Imoen"
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Having heard that annoying child say that to him about 5 million times in his life, our "hero" turns around and slams his fist into Imoen's face, knocking her unconcious
    Gorion's own words offered Abdel some assurance the old fool wasn't wrong about all things. "There's that which you shouldn't do and that which you can't do".
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This story would be better if people didnt have to call the main character something stupid like Abdel.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited December 2012
    On his way to the Friendly Arm Inn, Abdel is attacked by a large group of bandits who fill him with arrows and he dies almost instantly. The end.
    edited December 2012
    Boy, that escalated quickly.
    edited December 2012
    But as if there were some sort of divine intervention, Abdel finds himself standing on the road leaving Candlekeep, with only a terrible nightmare of Gorions death to think about (and with no consequences concerning his heritage).

(just a thought but maybe this should be moved to "Role Playing")
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Except his name is no longe something retarded like Abdel
    *Dead horse grunts in background*
    "And then what happened?" Viconia purrs, brushing the hair out of Puffy McStubbins' face as the halfling squints at the flickering campfire, shivering a little at the memory of that terrible day.

(Hey, I didn't do it!)
    edited December 2012
    *and_then_or bobs gently in the puch-bowl*

*party-goers shuffle away*
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I vote a re-run, @Shandyr. No fun guys =(
    elminster said:

(just a thought but maybe this should be moved to "Role Playing")

Indeed. Unfortunately it's not working out here :(
    But not moved. Just ignored and a new one started there.

This discussion has been closed.