Skip to content

Solo Sorcerer vs Drizzt Melee Fight on Insane

2»

Comments

• KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012

My sorcerer always lurks on this forum (yeah he has a lot of free time, lucky him...) and in those days he came across a million threads about a tanned guy wielding 2 scimitars.

n1 work,

that avatar from where u get it?
    Post edited by Kazuga on
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited February 2016
    Palatinus said:

What spells have you selected for your sorcerer?

lvl1: Magic Missile, Shield, Spook, Burning Hands, Blindness
    lvl2: Mirror Image, Blur (not always), Melf's Acid Arrow
    lvl3: Haste, Skull Trap
    Darkcloud said:

Another great strategy against most strong enemies. Use a wand of paralisation. If it sticks they are as good as dead.

A tactic that works well vs Shandalar, but Drizzt has Magic Resistance: 98 and saving-throw vs Paralyzation/Death/Poison: 1... It would take a hell of a lot!
    abbadaba said:

Very impressive. I have never beaten him in a 1 on 1 fight, i usually play a melee character.

My cheesy method is extremely simple very reliable and can be done by any level 1 character with about 20gp.

Position two NPCs across the narrow path to the little island north of his location. Stand right next to them and remove them from your party, use NPCs that stay put when dismissed, they will act as a barricade. Go shoot an arrow/bullet at Drizzt, lead him to the barricade, you will be able to squeak through and he will not. Plink at him until he dies (bring lots of arrows/bullets). It will be much faster if you have 4 shooters.

Well, the point was avoiding the use of exploits and still finish him fast :)
    Kazuga said:

My sorcerer always lurks on this forum (yeah he has a lot of free time, lucky him...) and in those days he came across a million threads about a tanned guy wielding 2 scimitars.

n1 work,

that avatar from where u get it?
    It is Jace, from Magic The Gathering.
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012

It is Jace, from Magic The Gathering.

i know, but from where can i download the portrait, i just find the wallpaper from him :/

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Thank you sincerely for zooming in to fight. It was awfully nice watching two dots.
  • fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2012
    Well, you sorcerer is a mixture of one of the most powerful planeswalker (Jace Beleren) and the bitch queen of the Zerg (Kerrigan), so what else did you expect?

Thank you sincerely for zooming in to fight. It was awfully nice watching two dots.

Maybe it's time for you to change monitor, lol
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    As far as I'm concerned, it is good to make video that is viewable to audience. I am wrong?
    What matters in the video is the tactic used, the fight itself wasn't spectacular.
    It lasts even less than the potions/buffs preparation.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Fire Shield (Blue) would make things more authentic since Drizzt has Icingdeath which grants him immunity to fire(at least according to the books about Drizzt). In Icewind Dale this tactic is even easier. You can cast fireshield(red or blue, or both) and then cast Otiluke's Resilient Sphere upon yourself.
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2012
    @Djimmy So casting both fireshields would stack the damage done to the enemy attacking? And I had no idea that fireshields could be used in conjunction with Otiluke's Resilient Sphere- I thought an attack has to reach to fireshielded character to enact the damage dealing, which a ORS prevents.
    @Djimmy Having both the fireshields wasn't possible, so I picked the most useful one (50% fire res > 50% cold res)

@jflieder Yes, they stack.
    ORS just makes you 100% resistance to all damage sources, but you still get hit normally.
    Also, even if you become immune to the weapon used against you ("Weapon Ineffective.") the fireshield would still trigger vs the attacker.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    @SpaceInvader It works in Icewind Dale, but I am 100% sure if both shields will damage opponents. I think so...
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    @SpaceInvader you stated on the first page that you can't have both fire shields as a sorcerer due to the XP cap, but what's stopping a sorcerer from just reading a scroll? :)
    edited December 2012
    @Djimmy @Alsn Exactly, I didn't have them both for a matter of level cap, with a scroll it would have been possible to cast red+blue ;)
  • BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    lol, quaffing all those potions before the fight reminded me of Geralt from The Witcher :)

NIce fight!