Skip to content

No response to request for money back

VivianVivian Member Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Site Resources
It's been two weeks since I sent an email to beamdog... No response. Anyone else hear anything?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Send another email. Give it a subject line of "Request for Refund"; that should make it a little more visible.

You sent it to support@beamdog.com, right?
  • VivianVivian Member Posts: 4
    Mail sent to support@beamdog.com bounced. I sent it to overhaul@beamdog.com as instructed by one of the other threads. The subject line was "BG:EE Request for Refund" Not sure how they could have missed that one. I am curious if anyone has heard anything about receiving a refund or has actually received one.
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    Just to be sure; have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?
  • VivianVivian Member Posts: 4
    I have tried many, many possible fixes, including deleting and reinstalling, yes. I have followed all the advice posted on these forums, to the extent that I could. I spent many hours trying to make the game work, and now I have decided it is not worth putting more of my time into it, so I want my money back.
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    Well then I hope you do get your money back ;)
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Btw. Just go to Beamdogs Homepage, login to your account, click on the sidebar called support and fill out a support question, that worked for me, so i got my money back way earlier :D
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Why are they giving refunds? The system requirements for the game was announced ages ago, if you met those requirements the game should run fine, right??

Is there a reason why the game will not run if your system meets ALL of the requirements? It doesn't really make sense to me... I never heard of a gaming company giving refunds, doesn't the consumer take the risk?
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Daelric said:

Why are they giving refunds? The system requirements for the game was announced ages ago, if you met those requirements the game should run fine, right??

Is there a reason why the game will not run if your system meets ALL of the requirements? It doesn't really make sense to me... I never heard of a gaming company giving refunds, doesn't the consumer take the risk?

You have a point, but it also seems odd that software publishers traditionally offer no equivalent of a warranty, whereas it's expected in all physical products.

Then again, software isn't even sold these days. Just licenses to use it. So there are a lot of weird practices.

I hope the OP is able to get the game working someday, though I doubt he'll risk buying it again without a guarantee that the specific issue is fixed. I wonder if Beamdog/Overhaul could keep track of these people and contact them when that happens. Just a thought.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Geeze that's rough....

My PC is from 2005 and I'm using a 256mb Graphics card and it runs fine

Kind of interested in what your specs are..lol
  • MitchellMitchell Member Posts: 28
    Daelric said:

It's a little more complicated than that. Releasing software for PC can be tricky because of the sheer number of possible combinations of hardware which could potentially cause problems. So even if a computer meets the minimum specs, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll run software properly.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Outside of the Intel GPU issues, I think the majority of game issues are probably compatibility with other software running on the system. I've ran the game on several different OSes/hardware types and have not had issues other than performance based (due to onboard GPU's).