Skip to content

Generic dwaven rune stones have any number of uses... pfff!

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Seriously! What do those stupid things do anyway? I was NEVER able to find any use for them.

Comments

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    In this case, the number is "0"...
  • AlordoAlordo Member Posts: 1
    They're used in Durlag's Tower. Though most of them you buy are fakes. The ones you need are inside the tower while you're doing the quest there.
  • HunterOfBountyHunterOfBounty Member Posts: 38
    I don't think they do anything. They're just the local people's scam on fools headed into Durlag's Tower.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Yes but one says its a forgery and the others say they are genuine! Ike seems to give a hint as to what they may have been meant to do though. He says his stone allows penetration up to the third floor of the tor. Perhaps they were meant to give access to the next floors in place of the level exit wardstones found inside but this was never implemented? I don't know.
  • HunterOfBountyHunterOfBounty Member Posts: 38
    Tresset said:

Yes but one says its a forgery and the others say they are genuine! Ike seems to give a hint as to what they may have been meant to do though. He says his stone allows penetration up to the third floor of the tor. Perhaps they were meant to give access to the next floors in place of the level exit wardstones found inside but this was never implemented? I don't know.

A not fully implemented mechanism in a Baldur's Gate game. Shock and awe! Someone alert the Twisted Rune! There is something to this, the runes always seemed very out of place.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Purportedly the rune stones deactivate certain traps about the levels of the tower. As far as I can deduce, this is supposed to happen the moment the stone is collected, after which it is irrelevant.

Whether this is truth or conjecture I remain uncertain.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hmm. How misleading. Oh well.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    the key river plug is useful if you take that glutton Tiax to the Mexican restaurant in Baldurs Gate though.

"Tiax will poop later..."

"Tiax is not feeling so well..."

"Tiax squirts make way!"
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Beowulf

wat.
    Beowulf said:

the key river plug is useful if you take that glutton Tiax to the Mexican restaurant in Baldurs Gate though.

"Tiax will poop later..."

"Tiax is not feeling so well..."

"Tiax squirts make way!"

Makes me question one's age or, more to the point, their maturity...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

A not fully implemented mechanism in a Baldur's Gate game. Shock and awe!

This just about killed me.
    Ugh. I am still bothered by this after all these months. I'm bringing it back up to see if I can get any new perspectives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

If a goat or a dragon for that matter eats a couple it can help digest difficult materials...

@Bhaaldog Ok. Maybe I will give them to Dalekursaxisple'tsaramnorane
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    While this topic is up, i would like to mention that DELSVIRFTANYON sells a fake AND a real wardstone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    But @SionIV, although one of Delfsvirtanyon's wardstones is described as "real", it doesn't actually seem to *do* anything. There's nowhere that you need it, and I've never found anywhere in which it even makes any difference.

Maybe it's a "real" wardstone, but the location where it works isn't in the game?!
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I didn't know that, i usually just pick up all the 'real' ones and go to Durlags tower without thinking more about it. It is an interesting little bit of information though, i'll have to take some extra time next time i go to Durlag's tower and see what does what. :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Isn't one required where there are those runes on the floor that light up and you teleport a whole 10 feet across the room? Just after the room with the Kiel's Helmet or whatever?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited March 2013
    I never go to Ulgoths beard until after Durlags tower. So none of them can be of much importance if any.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Just stick'em in your gem bag and forget about 'em.