Skip to content

Witcher 2

13»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Can I just note the cinematic opening for the first Witcher game is epically beautiful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrKfZqokl4
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    edited December 2012
    @LadyRhian

Indeed, the Witcher 1 intro is absolutely amazing, but the intro of the Second game (what came on Enhanced edition) was quite an disappointment for me.. I mean, just comparing it to the first one. Ugh.

I also didn't like the Witcher 2 bad guy at all, Leslo(?) was just boring and the hulk-like appearance certainly didn't help. Had his appearance been closer to the mysterious assassin (witcher) seen at the ending video of Witcher 1, he could've instantly been a better character. I just couldn't take him seriously at any point.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Too bad that you couldn't. His hulk-like appearance has it's purpose, since he used it to decieve people that he is dumb muscleman, which helped him greatly at times (for example, when he was using Sheala) Let's see... small figure, agile, mysterious, hooded - sterotypical assasin appearance. You wanted main villain to look that cliche? How boring.

Seriously, Witcher is recieving so lottle credit, in spite deserving much more. That's little sad.
  • MasonguitarMasonguitar Member Posts: 35
    The Witcher 1 was a great game. The witcher 2 was a little disappointing. I felt the combat scalling was off. I had it on easy and it still took a while to defeat some enemies. The entire game just felt a bit off to me.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2012
    I had such a poor experience with The Witcher 1 that I have been completely put off going near The Witcher 2.

I have never played a game that seemed more like it was actively trying to make you STOP playing it, than The Witcher 1. And that is coming from someone who owns Fable 3.

The UI is the WORST fricking UI I have ever seen. And I have played Imperium Galactica 2: Attack of the Spreadsheets.
    The game itself communicates practically zero information to you that you need to know to fricking play the damn thing. Seriously a crap tutorial level, followed by hours and hours of trial and error - "how do I use a potion?" or "what sword am I using here again?" There's no way to figure stuff out except through guess work!

Combat is slow, clunky, and an exercise in frustration. Using the wrong sword in the wrong situation results in pretty much you getting pwned and killed. It's stupid having different swords for different enemies; why can't I use the fricking sword ive got in my fricking hand??
    A lengthy, boring, pointless, and needlessly complicated method of using potions literally renders the entire potion system pointless and useless.

And the final nail in the coffin for me was Geralt himself. Seriously his entire character arc seems to be that he is a mysoginist, and that seemed to be it. Other than that he was dull as dishwater. Even Hawke was more interesting than Geralt.

I just couldn't keep playing.

The only other game that alternately bored and frustrated me this much was Assassin's Creed 3. And that was STILL interesting enough for me to actually complete.