Skip to content

Tiax's unique ability bug

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Current behavior: Summon skeleton 1/day
Expected behavior: Summon ghast 1/day
It is really important because it is one of Tiax's strong planned features, one of the main reasons to take this NPC in the vanilla BG.
This bug is caused by the latest patch (2011) but is not right: Tiax's unique ability must not be connected to the spell Animate dead. In the vanilla BG Tiax could summon ghast and it was cool.
I like to use Tiax in my party and right now he's much weakier and the only reason for this is the bug.
Please, correct it!
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    @SethDavis :
    This is probably linked to the change done to Animate Dead.
    The Tiax innate ability might have used the same spell EFF, hence that unintended change.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it's an unintended change and thus it must be changed back to what it had been meant to be.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Have ye no ears to hear?! It is as Tiax said! DESTINY! Cyric himself will lift Tiax "on high," hurtling me to my rightful place when the time comes! You shall all be as ants before my grace, though slightly larger ants than the norm if you help me.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited December 2012
    O_o I'll change it, but weren't ghasts unforgivably overpowered just a few days ago? Impossible to control for all but the most experienced necromancers and such?
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Actually, this was already fixed. Should be good in the next version.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    SethDavis said:

O_o I'll change it, but weren't ghasts unforgivably overpowered just a few days ago? Impossible to control for all but the most experienced necromancers and such?

It's just that Tiax can summon *one* as a special ability, and it's a vanilla ability.
    But this is quite different from having a level 3 spell that summons 1-2 ghasts (Means you can get a small army of ghasts, whereas Tiax ability doesn't permit this)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    SethDavis said:

Actually, this was already fixed. Should be good in the next version.

That's great to hear!) Thanks a lot)))