Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Empowering music, for a time that needs it.

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,399
This is shared from one of my music colleagues on YouTube. I was first wondering why there was such jubilant music to represent a fiery, icy plague. Well, I just sang through it as Bass II, and now, I think I get it. The music is empowering. As in, it makes you feel like you could throw a plague of fire and ice on those who are evil, if you wanted to. If you need a boost, try singing along with this, with your own voice part, choir I or II doesn't matter. I guarantee that you will feel ready to fight all evil by the end.

swnmcmlxi

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    The sad thing is that the root of evil can't be purged, so in a sense, fighting against evil is a never-ending and demoralizing chore.

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,481
    I think the jubilance reflects the mood of the story; Finally the deliverer has come with the voice of god and the plagues he brings are a miraculous showing of god's power.

I can't help feeling that there is nothing but evil, about the slaying of the first born which follows.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,399
    @Moomintroll, I agree with your musical analysis. About the other part, in a serious discussion, I would also agree that most of the actions of God depicted in the OT are evil from a moral standpoint. I am an atheist for this, and many other reasons.

However, to enjoy a Handel oratorio based on bible passages, I think you have to just kind of go with it, as a fantasy story. The music brings an emotion of empowerment and victory, which is refreshing, as long as you don't start thinking about it too much. I didn't really post it to start a discussion of good and evil; I just thought it was an uplifting musical piece.

Moomintroll