Skip to content

Can't cancel update- can't play game

SheikiaSheikia Member Posts: 15
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I'm currently trying to install update #5. Due to my crappy internet connection (I'm on a train), the updating is very slow (200 b/s). Now I can't play the game now even without updating.

Is there a way to cancel the updating for now so I can just play?

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Go to c:\program files\baldurs' gate enhanced edition\00776\ and double click baldur.exe

Alternatively, disable your Internet connection so the launcher cannot check for updates.
  • SheikiaSheikia Member Posts: 15
    Thank you!
    Okay when I do this, every time I load a save file, the game crashes.
    The internet thing doesn't work either. It just says connecting forever.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    The game was probably in the middle of updating files and never finished. The save game may be trying to load a file that is missing/damaged. You'll probably have no choice but to finish updating the game files :( Next time you're on a stable Internet connection, open the launcher and click the little brown diamond in the lower right and select to do a repair install. This will force the game to double check all files to make sure everything is in order.
    Sheikia said:

The internet thing doesn't work either. It just says connecting forever.

That's odd, they said before that the game will run without Internet connection. Doing the little bypass method is 'unofficial' though completely fine to do.

*edit* Just tried mine and when I have no Internet connection the patcher just says "play" while waiting for the news. So it is working. I wonder if you have an older version of the patcher.