Skip to content

Gibberlings 3 Down

Can anyone shed light on why this has happened? I'm sure it is nothing but I freaked out for a second...

Comments

• TarakTarak Member Posts: 12
    I was surprised too while scripting and frequently checking the site these days.
    Looks like someone has forgotten to pay the bill. Let's hope it's up soon again!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Perhaps @theacefes can shed some light.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    or maybe @CamDawg???
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    We're working through some issues with the host. In the meantime we've got our backup mirror up and running.
  • klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    edited December 2012
    @CamDawg
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Edit: Dang! There's no IESDP backup on there...
    Yeah, not having IESDP sucks!
    Back up :)
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    hooooraay!!! :P
  • klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    Yay!
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Trying to go to gibberlings3.net to down load the widescreen mods but I can't as its forum (where the downloads are stored) is offline and has been all weekend :(

Anyone know where I can get the "Version 11 of the Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack" other then Gibberlings?

Cheers :)
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Great :) Thank you!
  • NezumiNezumi Member Posts: 1
    Glad to have found this topic and link, but the Windows Version of Sarah at the emergency backup is broken. Both Firefox and IE are saying it's only 5.something MB when they try to download it, leading to a broken installer.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @Nezumi, I just downloaded the file, and it also doesn't work for me. Hopefully Gibberlings 3 will be up sometime soon in the future. It would be a good Christmas present!
  • Y3kY3k Member Posts: 14
    Is it just me or the site now is totally unreachable?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I can host a mirror of IESDP if anyone has the files.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    RIP.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    There is a the backup mirror: http://www.camagna.net/g3mirror/g3_emergency_mirror.html

however it has older versions of a lot of the mods
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I generally try and keep a back up online in case of an emergency. Unfortunately it's not up to date with 2012. http://iesdp.com/current/
    Cerevant said:

I can host a mirror of IESDP if anyone has the files.

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Awesome, Thanks!
  • bnvdarklordbnvdarklord Member Posts: 15
    CamDawg said:

We're working through some issues with the host. In the meantime we've got our backup mirror up and running.

I downloaded wide screen mod from the mirror, and i just ran it through virustotal and one antivirus reports it as trojan. Can anyone confirm this is the correct file? WOT also gives me a poor rating on the mirror website so I'm a little bit concerned.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Darn it's pretty long gone, luckily I updated all my mods some days before it went down, but need to check the forum ^^

I downloaded wide screen mod from the mirror, and i just ran it through virustotal and one antivirus reports it as trojan. Can anyone confirm this is the correct file? WOT also gives me a poor rating on the mirror website so I'm a little bit concerned.

TrendMicro is one of the leaders when it comes to detecting false alarms :) (http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/fp/avc_fp_mar2012.pdf)

Further, if not even MS/Kaspersky/McAffee/ESET detect a treat, there shouldn't be any problem at all. Guess the problem are the scripts/macros in this package, that modify game files & the bgmain.exe, so it detects them as 'trojan'.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    My wish for 2013: for Gibberlings3 to get online again. Somehow, this feels just as bad as the end of the world, if you want to make a new modded install. I don't trust the backup mirror to get me the most recent versions, I'll postpone creating a new BG2 install (just like I postpone playing BGEE until it's well moddable, with NPC1, Hard Times, SCS and the lot - they weren't made superfluous after all, the times of long time modding your install aren't over with BGEE, alas).

@CamDawg: Any news on getting the site back online?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Sorry I'm such a grumpypuss. I'm kind of like Xan - that's why I kind of like Xan :-) .
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Is the site back down again for everyone else here, or just me?

I'm hoping to (re)download the Garrick Infatuation mod - if the site isn't up, is there anywhere else I can download it from?