Skip to content

*******'s sword and armor in bg2EE/ToB

JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
SPOILER ALERT!!

I request that Sarevok's armor should be brought back to the game(ToB) and make it and the sword of chaos available to him as an reward and maybe grant him some of his lost power.

Yes, I'm aware that you can obtain the sword of chaos but giving it to him doesn't trigger anything. Also having is old brutal look with the armor would be great!

If some of you think that his armor and sword buff would make him too good then atleast make it a quest to bring back his lost stuff with a handful of good conversations. What do you guys think about it?

Comments

• KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    edited July 2012
    I wish you could bring Sarevok back right at the start of BG2. Like, maybe at the end of BG1 it was just a flesh wound and he was abducted by Jon as well. Heh, no, I know.

Still if you can bring him back in ToB eventually, couldn't that process be hastened a bit? I'd really want to get my Bhaalspawn crew going as soon as possible. Me, Imoen and Sarevok. The three stooges. Of murder.

There must be a mod for this.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    I wish you could bring Sarevok back right at the start of BG2. Like, maybe at the end of BG1 it was just a flesh wound and he was abducted by Jon as well. Heh, no, I know.

Still if you can bring him back in ToB eventually, couldn't that process be hastened a bit? I'd really want to get my Bhaalspawn crew going as soon as possible. Me, Imoen and Sarevok. The three stooges. Of murder.

There must be a mod for this.
    Having him in the start om BG2 would not be so good better to have it like it is. Assuming from your comment I guess that you haven't played ToB? If not then I won't spoil anything :)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    As much as I know, his Armor and Helmet got destroyed with him, while his sword remained there (look at the final cinematic of BG1, you can't really see the sword disintegrating right?)

I do believe that it would be super awesome to reforge the armor for Sarevok himself. Maybe randomly cause enemies to have morale failures?
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    edited July 2012

As much as I know, his Armor and Helmet got destroyed with him, while his sword remained there (look at the final cinematic of BG1, you can't really see the sword disintegrating right?)

I do believe that it would be super awesome to reforge the armor for Sarevok himself. Maybe randomly cause enemies to have morale failures?

Edit: I really liked your idea :)

Sarevok is a deathbringer and he already got his 'deathbringer assault' ability but he is lacking the 'intimidation' ability to paralyze his enemies. Possibly getting this ability from the armor to restore a little of his lost power?

"Deathbringers are a special group of warriors trained in the art of intimidation and war. They can scare their enemies into paralyzation by locking eye contact, as well as destroy in a single blow"
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Unfortunately, getting Sarevok's armor for CHARNAME, or even for Sarevok himself when you recruit him in ToB, is not possible. I remember David Gaider saying they had tried really hard to preserve it but failed, when ToB was released. The main issue is that Sarevok's armor animation is different than other character animations and has the sword embedded. Changing this would require a ridiculous amount of hack and animation work, made even more difficult by the loss of the source art assets.

Also, Sarevok's animation is quite evidently bigger than character animations (in all actuality, it is bigger than BG1 character animations, which are in turn bigger than BG2 character animations) so it wouldn't really fit in a party, visually-speaking.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo

I smell a solution. Make it so that his armour can only be used in conjunction with his matching sword. I would not care if Sarevok went from 6" to 7" when he puts on his armour, we all know he's a small man who can't fill it. XD

I want Sarevok's armour.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    This wouldn't hurt if it was easily doable, but rather than spend a lot of time on it, I would prefer other changes. For one thing, the armour would only be useful for a plate-wearing protagonist so it isn't a suitable "reward" from BG1. More importantly though, the main issue with the BG1 ending isn't the lack of Sarevok loot in my opinion, but rather how the game ends as soon as the fight is done. No real closure, no info on what happens in BG or that part of the sword coast afterwards, and so on. As was pointed out in another thread, there's little game-mechanical reason to even fight Sarevok at all - you can just as well export a save from before fighting him.

In short, the whole post-fight ending needs to be fleshed out a bit.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Shin

Bro I get the feeling you meant to say that in the other topic.

:D
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Ah.. aye, it would appear you are corrrect.