Skip to content

December 21, prepare for the Apocolypse!

13»

Comments

• GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2012
    The only apocalypse i see is the 8 inches of snow in front of my house with high winds causing high drifts and another 6-7 inches expected later today. I welcome the end as it will save me from shovelling all that white crap lol. As for the Mayan calendar, it's just some clown looking for his 15 mins of fame misinterpreting their calendar. This isn't the end of the world, it's simply the end of another long cycle and a new cycle begins on the 22nd. Idjits promoting fear mongering are, like that old geezer who's predicted the end of the world........some 8-9 times already and looks like and ass every time, to be dismissed.

If it truly is the end, i'll plop down a chair in the 15 inches of snow tommorrow, with a tub of hot buttered popcorn and watch the show. Happy worlds end everyone lol.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    It's very unlikely to actually be the end, as have been the other prophesies in the history of mankind. But we are obsessed with the end and with the apocalypse, and like to think of these things as such, even if the Maiyans themselves would have considered this a great big opportunity for a massive party.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    If its like the LotR films, it'll be perfect.
    Chow said:

I'm going to go watch the Hobbit finally. If the Apocalypse happens while I'm watching it, so much the better. I'll die happy. :)

What if it turns out you hate the movie?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I'm a little disappointed....
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    There is already 21th here in Europe. So far no meteorites. Any news from Asia maybe?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I'm a little disappointed....

disappointed that we didn't all die? lol?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2012
    No meteorites? Giant planets showing up in the sky? Black holes?
    Am I the only one who thinks that apocalypse or not, we should party a little harder today? After all, this is still a day that comes once in several thousand years.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Once again the doomsayers were wrong; what were the odds, it's not like they all have been every single time so far... right? Considering how many calendars on my refridgerator have run out of days without anything happening I saw this not coming, so to speak.

Once again the doomsayers were wrong; what were the odds, it's not like they all have been every single time so far... right? Considering how many calendars on my refridgerator have run out of days without anything happening I saw this not coming, so to speak.

Still nine hours to go. Don't get hasty.
    Someday someone will get it right from pure chance. Unfortunately this person will not survive to celebrate.
    IllustairDeltaslayer
    edited December 2012
    Chow said:

Nah, should have started (or rather ended?) 2 hours and 40 minutes ago here.

Chow said:

Nah, should have started (or rather ended?) 2 hours and 40 minutes ago here.
    No, it's 5am EST. Time zones don't got nothing to do with it.
    It is 12AM on the EST and the world is still rotating.
    Something as fantastic and extreme as the End of Everything does not get pick an ass-end timezone. It's been the 21st for hours. The apocalypse had its chance and once again failed to appear. It should try again in a couple of million years when they say the sun will burn out.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Something as fantastic and extreme as the End of Everything does not get pick an ass-end timezone. It's been the 21st for hours. The apocalypse had its chance and once again failed to appear. It should try again in a couple of million years when they say the sun will burn out.

In Billion years the sun will be too hot for water to exist on earth, until than we have tone of time to party.

ElectricMonk
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Breaking news : after the failed attempt to predict apocalypse, Mayan Leader was asked why their ancestors predicted such a date. His reply : "We did it for the shits and giggles"

Mayans - biggest trolls in history XD

But nah, not really true, if I'm not mistaken, it's just another Mayan calendar that ends, one that started in 1999, no? That being said, doomsayers related today with the failed planetary collision in 2003. Speaking of which, where was Rapture 2009? Millennium Bug 2000? Solare Flares in the 50s?

Come on, people are getting ridiculous. We in fact are just a figment of Walt Disney's imagination. How about that?
    Chow
    Well time to start planning for the next end of the world in 2018 :)
    edited December 2012
    Psy - Gangnam style has passed the 1 billion views on youtube, and the world is still standing ( or rotating that is.. )

21.12.12 - cultural apocalypse?
    Zanian
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    DAMN! Why am i not dead *pouts* had to shovel 15 inches of snow this morning and at my age with my heart condition that's just nasty lol. I curse you mayans and your silly calendar too.
    The end of t he world has been postponed.
    Moomintrollmch202
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    hmm, nothing happened..
    Sometimes I wish, those foretells really hit 'live' ..else it's just another stultification of humankind.

Hmmmm. *dreaming* a Fallout:NV world....awesome!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Anyone else read, Riddley Walker?
    Hey there's still hope it's been re-scheduled ;)

https://rt.com/news/maya-apocalypse-re-scheduled-616/
    mlnevese said:

Good, I have an exam tomorrow...

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    mlnevese said:

Goddamn, how am I supposed to get my paper done by tomorrow? It's not fair! D;
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    You guys have exams and deadlines on a Sunday? What new devilry is this!?
    ElectricMonkSilverstarmlnevese
    @Moomintroll It's the end of the world. Devilry is to be expected :)
    Moomintroll