Skip to content

iPad transitions horror

Hi, I have bougth the iPad version, at first, it was great, but after several hours, I'm really frustrated by bad transitions.

Surely, it can't be, that I have to transfer the saved game extra to the PC, only to get out of a house or to climb up the stairs.

Often it works between the first and fifth try, but sometimes, I have to play for several minutes to find the sweet spot to get up or out.

Also in cities, when the houses are at the wrong angle, it's almost impossible to find the entrance.

One solution would be to highlight the transition-spots, and get by touch to the next area, or in the next room.

Comments

• Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    Select your party. Pause the game. Touch what you think is the transition area. If you see the whole party's reticles you have touched the wrong spot. if you see a single reticle you have touched the right spot. Unpause the game. This doesn't help with hidden doors that you could mouse over on the PC but it will help with those transitions you are getting stuck on.
    lunar
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Illydth
  • IdeogesIdeoges Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    @Garrison64
    Thank you, this is a really helpful trick!

@iKrivetko
    I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but unfortunately it is so, that the more people complain the more likely it will be corrected. If no or few people say anything, its all right?
    Also, I made a suggestion and not just whine ;-)

edited December 2012
    Ideoges said:

@iKrivetko
    I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but unfortunately it is so, that the more people complain the more likely it will be corrected. If no or few people say anything, its all right?

Thing is, it is already being fixed. In fact, according to the devs, they have already implemented and submitted a fix.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited December 2012
    Ideoges said:

@Garrison64
    Thank you, this is a really helpful trick!

@iKrivetko

Until we get a moderator to pin some of the informative threads, they'll going to get buried by every new thread in the same subjects.
    The search option on this forum is terrible, but there's a workaround.

Try this on google.com:
    site:forum.baldursgate.com KEYWORD

For instance on google.com: site:forum.baldursgate.com iPad target

That last search would give you all the threads on the issue with targeting.

There's also the Known Bugs thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11786/know-bugs-and-issues-with-bgee-ipad/p1

That thread is very informative to new members.
    The known bugs thread is pinned.:|
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    iKrivetko said:

The known bugs thread is pinned.:|

Yeah, but I thought maybe a help to use the google search workaround the lousy search mechanism on the sit eWorld be a helpful option too.

Everyone with issues should read the Known Bugs and Issues thread first thing before posting. Unfortunately, many doesn't....
  • AmerigoVAmerigoV Member Posts: 8
    Ideoges said:

Also in cities, when the houses are at the wrong angle, it's almost impossible to find the entrance.

I figured the residents just wised up since the original game release and found a way to keep them PCs out of their house. One has to wonder what residents fear more -- rampaging monsters in the wilderness or the Locust that comes to town in the form of the PCs that steal everything that is not nailed down (and if they can pry it up, it was not nailed down!).

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @iKrivetko I love you man! :)

To the OP and others: I'm keeping the bug report thread open. PLEASE READ before you post. I'm actually sending PMs asking people to delete or remove duplicate reports so we don't get 40 pages of "me too" posts.

I'm trying to keep this thing as organized as possible, so PLEASE do me the favor and browse it before posting about a "new" problem you've found.
    @AmerigoV You made my day!

@iKrivetko, unlike the tipps from @Garrison64 and @Bytebrain your troll-picture was not helpful at all.
    Yes, infact I could write nothing, becouse someone could somewhere posted also about it. Still, I would have to check better, but unfortunately I did not.

@Illydth, thank you for the good summary in the "Know Bugs and Issues with BG:EE iPad" threat.
    edited December 2012
    Your thread isn't quite useful or helpful either.
    iKrivetko said:

Your thread isn't quite useful or helpful either.

That's why I asked for help on the one hand and on the other hand I have also written:
    Ideoges said:

Still, I would have to check better, but unfortunately I did not.