Skip to content

[Mod] Dark Horizons at Version 2.08 for BGT

Dark Horizons 2.08 for BGT. This version includes a few fixes and some changes.

This mod deals with you being hunted by a powerful organization who was contracted to take you out of play. Find out who they are before they get to you. Plus this mod has multiple quests and encounters that you will find as you adventure across the Sword Coast.

http://www.section-one.net/ Website
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=101.0 Forum
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4828.0 Download links

Visit TeamBG for all of your modding needs. Mods for BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, BG:EE. We have a large source of tutorials on how to mod and modding tools!

TeamBG http://www.teambg.org/ "Still Building Worlds"

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    I remember using that mod some years ago... completely broke my game by adding A LOT of magical items very early in BG, yielded by enemies far too powerful for the common early games parties (I remember having to kite a dude in full plate armor + war-hammer +3 and other crazy stuff) during 5-4 minutes before he died... my party was level 2-3 and members were slain in 1-2 shot from this guy... and he was not alone. I had to pull each foes separately (using game glitches)...

I don't know if some balance have been made, but after slaying the final boss of this mod (wich is very good otherwise) the rest of the game was just a piece of cake with all the +2 +3 magical items looted from the corpses...
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Ohhh! I never got to use the mod though, but remember it being worked on for ages.

It is not compatible with "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" right?
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    I remember this mod. I liked it, though I didn't get all the way through it. Its not BGEE compatable though, yet, correct?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BGT version should work with BGT version of DSotSC.
    Ken said:

Ohhh! I never got to use the mod though, but remember it being worked on for ages.

It is not compatible with "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" right?

Not yet. May take some work since this adds new areas and the format for the area graphics in BG:EE is different.

I remember this mod. I liked it, though I didn't get all the way through it. Its not BGEE compatable though, yet, correct?

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    neoesprit said:

I remember using that mod some years ago... completely broke my game by adding A LOT of magical items very early in BG, yielded by enemies far too powerful for the common early games parties (I remember having to kite a dude in full plate armor + war-hammer +3 and other crazy stuff) during 5-4 minutes before he died... my party was level 2-3 and members were slain in 1-2 shot from this guy... and he was not alone. I had to pull each foes separately (using game glitches)...

I don't know if some balance have been made, but after slaying the final boss of this mod (wich is very good otherwise) the rest of the game was just a piece of cake with all the +2 +3 magical items looted from the corpses...

About my experience as well. This mod hijacks the mercenary groups that get after you so places that had minor annoyances before now had uber enemies and there is like a timer where you are ambushed by a super party of world beaters unavoidably after like a day or something.

I also recall an encounter at a unavoidable chokepoint in an early part of the Naskel Mines that made me uninstall this. That being said I liked the idea of giving more backstory to the groups hunting you but the difficulty of this mod which is immersion breaking in how much it sticks out in comparison to the core game really turned me off.
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    i would love it for BGEE though to try it at least !
  • SelvanSelvan Member Posts: 24
    May I ask how can I install this mod correctly? When I try i only get a message "Please install on BG or BGT"
    I read this mod require TotSC but is that compatible with BG:EE?
    No its not ready for BG:EE. This announcement is for the version for the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mega mod.
    So would I. My game play feels naked without some mods. I'll get it for BG:EE eventually.
    gokke said:

i would love it for BGEE though to try it at least !