Skip to content

BG2 Tweaks v11 Released

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Is your dialog.tlk hardlinked?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    CamDawg said:

Am not sure, I think it was linked using the script I used to get Shadowkeeper working with BGEE

CamDawg said:

Am not sure, I think it was linked using the script I used to get Shadowkeeper working with BGEE
    Or were you asking @Cyph?
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    @CamDawg Sorry for my newbieness; what do you mean by hardlinked?
    Well, @Cyph specifically, but I suppose it could be a general question. :)

What @Cyph is seeing is best explained by an unlinked dialog.tlk--WeiDU adds all of the new descriptions to the local dialog.tlk, but the game uses the one two levels down in lang/en_US (or whatever your local language is). If those aren't hardlinked, then the items will refer to strings that aren't present in BGEE, causing the missing descriptions.

I had no problems with the descriptions during testing.
    Cyph
    Oh, and @Cyph snuck in a post while I was responding to @Oxford_Guy.

Step three over here describes creating the hardlink. It basically fools WeiDU (and other programs) into thinking your dialog.tlk is somewhere it's not.
    Cyph
    @CamDawg Aha! My mistake, copying it over, like you mentioned earlier, did work. I simply forgot as I saw some of the changes working without doing that, and thus assumed all the changes would've been fine. Sorry for wasting your time and thank you for the quick reply!

Wisp said:

There's an avatar-switching thingamajig in 1PPv4. Best to use that instead.

Okay, I might give that a go, after uninstalling the BG2Tweaks component, though am a little worried about "breaking" BGEE and having to download and install from scratch again...
    Before trying the 1pp switching mod, I created a pure class female elf mage, just to see how robes "normally" look in BGEE for this race/class (unless BG2Tweaks is still doing something behind the scenes) - but the paperdoll/avatar looks exactly the same as with my fighter/mage and the BG2 Tweaks component -i.e the exposed bare leg being coloured when using the Knave's Robe, Traveller's Robe and evil Robe of Archmagi. Not only that the overall look of the robes and the way the colours are handled seems far worse than I remember for a female elf mage under BG2 / BGT, which I played only recently - especially the Robe of Archimagi :-(

Sadly, I think this is perhaps just how the robes look on a female elf mage in BGEE.

I might still uninstall the BG2 Tweaks component and try out the 1pp switching mod, but I suspect the robes will look the same :-(
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    The website this is hosted on appears down "has been suspended" error.

Will try it later tho. I recall this mod was in my "core install" for both BG and BG2.
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    @valamyr
    http://www.camagna.net/g3mirror/g3_emergency_mirror.html

@CamDawg posted this somewhere here, I think. Maybe you can make a note at the first post? It seems many people are lost without :D
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for the mirror, but I'm still slightly at a loss. Without the documentation and readme (that mirror appears to have only D/L links), I'm a tad lost as I don't even have Weidu for BGEE. This would effectively be my first BGEE mod :) I guess if I knew where to get the right Weidu, I could manage for the rest, I was fairly used to it for the old games.

I tried installing straight up and it said my TLK file is too small..

edit: gah, I think I figured it out. I dont need to install weidu at all, I just recalled only plugin makers need that. And my TLK was too small because the shadowkeeper patch hid the real one in a subfolder :p Working now.
    Was just going to say, I didn't need Weidu although I thought I did at the start :P
    valamyr said:

Thank you for the mirror, but I'm still slightly at a loss. Without the documentation and readme (that mirror appears to have only D/L links), I'm a tad lost as I don't even have Weidu for BGEE. This would effectively be my first BGEE mod :) I guess if I knew where to get the right Weidu, I could manage for the rest, I was fairly used to it for the old games.

I tried installing straight up and it said my TLK file is too small..

edit: gah, I think I figured it out. I dont need to install weidu at all, I just recalled only plugin makers need that. And my TLK was too small because the shadowkeeper patch hid the real one in a subfolder :p Working now.

BTW there is a readme for it with the download
    BTW 1ppv4 avatar switching component doesn't seem to work with BGEE, I've now tested it, but both the avatar morphing script (which is great for fighter/thieves who don't change out of thr Shadown Armour often, like Montaron) and the auto avatar switching component for robes on fighter/mages from BG2 Tweaks works fine
    edited December 2012
    *can be deleted, found what I was looking for*
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    I had a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1. I see there are a number of tweaks and cheats in BG2 Tweaks. I am only really interested in the Happy Patch and the Romance cheats (and maybe True Grandmastery). Is this mod designed so I can only install the tweaks I want?

2. I have already started a game, but have not gotten far. So far, I only have Imoen and Jaheira with me. Can I install BG2 Tweaks at anytime or do I have to restart?

3. I see the Romance cheats have a disclaimer with using third party romances. Does anyone know if NPC Project, which is being updated, and includes Dyneira and Branwen romances, will work with the no racial restrictions and concurrent romances fix from Tweaks, once it's compatable?

I had a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1. I see there are a number of tweaks and cheats in BG2 Tweaks. I am only really interested in the Happy Patch and the Romance cheats (and maybe True Grandmastery). Is this mod designed so I can only install the tweaks I want?

Yes, though isn't True Grandmastery in BGEE anyway?

• PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Yes. You can go line by line and install each individual item, some with multiple options.
    @Oxford_Guy & @PinkRose

Thanks for the info on my first question.

Anything on questions 2 & 3?

@Oxford_Guy & @PinkRose

Thanks for the info on my first question.

Anything on questions 2 & 3?

Regarding Question 2, I think it probably depends on the Tweak component, I'd imagine most of the cosmetic and ease of use ones should be okay after starting a game, less sure about the rule change ones, and especially the content change ones.

I don't know about question 3, as have never used the romance tweaks
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    As a rule, if you have not visited an area before installing a mod, any content that is added to that specific area will be implemented. If you have visited it, it won't be. The same thing goes for NPCs.

I think rules changes should work fine, but I'm not 100%.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited December 2012
    @CamDawg
    Do you think it is good idea to update the Icewind Dale Casting Graphics component to use transparent BAMs files from Icewind Dale 2? A visual effects are much better than current animations.
    Hey everyone. Let me try and catch up here.

This is already answered, but yes, everything's independent.

2. I have already started a game, but have not gotten far. So far, I only have Imoen and Jaheira with me. Can I install BG2 Tweaks at anytime or do I have to restart?

Depends on the component. Things like stores, joinable NPCs, and areas get incorporated into your save game so, for example, store tweaks wouldn't affect any stores you've already used.

3. I see the Romance cheats have a disclaimer with using third party romances. Does anyone know if NPC Project, which is being updated, and includes Dyneira and Branwen romances, will work with the no racial restrictions and concurrent romances fix from Tweaks, once it's compatable?

These are targeted only at the original four BG2 romances--Jaheira, Aerie, Anomen, and Viconia--and were essentially grandfathered in from Weimer's old Ease of Use. I tend to stay away from third party stuff here for the pragmatic reason that it's impossible to keep up with NPC romance mods--17 more were released just while I was writing this post--and also since there's actually a great deal of coverage in third party NPCs in terms of sexuality, racial choices, and whatnot.
    Parys said:

@CamDawg
    Do you think it is good idea to update the Icewind Dale Casting Graphics component to use transparent BAMs files from Icewind Dale 2? A visual effects are much better than current animations.

I'll check it out, thanks. I'm not sure that the transparent stuff works for BG2, but with the changes in BGEE it might make a difference here.
    CamDawg said:

Parys said:

@CamDawg

I'll check it out, thanks. I'm not sure that the transparent stuff works for BG2, but with the changes in BGEE it might make a difference here.
    Aren't the casting graphics for BGEE improved anyway (though the IWD ones are different)?
  • CassiopeiaCassiopeia Member Posts: 14
    In the installer, I get the message "SKIPPING: [Romance Cheats] This component is not available for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition"

Is this because it needs to be updated to work for BG:EE? Not to complain, I'm still really excited that these mods work at all for BG:EE and I know everyone's been working very hard and there are higher priorities than this, but that component was the main reason figured out how to mod BG:EE and it's a little disappointing.

Any news on when that'll be available, or some console workaround that could be used until then?
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Camdawg clarified two posts above that the component only covered romances in BG II. So there is no point in making the component available with BGEE, neither now or later.
    @Oxford_Guy @IDanielHolm @CamDawg @Cassiopeia @Isaya
    OK, first thanks for all the responses!

To clarify, I wanted the Happy Patch, because I'm trying Safana and Viconia in my basically good group. I only have Imoen & Jahiera with me, so I guess I can still put in the Happy Patch in my current game.

Also, I am not interested in other NPC's that are created by mods. I was just interested in the romance mods in the NPC Project, which are for Branwen and Dyneira. Since I am running a gnome PC, I was interested in the romance cheats from BG2 Tweaks to remove racial restriction and for concurrent romances (I don't know if I have time to play through the game multiple times).

So, now you're saying the Romance Cheats are not even available for BG:EE?

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @CamDawg Did they change the hardcoded nature of the number of weapon slots? This used to be a tweak that only TobEx could do, but if BG:EE softcoded it would you consider adding it to BG2 tweaks? Would love 4 slots for all classes...
  • CassiopeiaCassiopeia Member Posts: 14
    @Jedi_Gnome
    That's correct, Romance Cheats aren't available for BG:EE through Tweaks, but I did just learn that the removal of gender requirements is a component of the Neera Expansion at Spellhold Studios, in case that helps anyone.
    @Cassiopeia
    But, doesn't Neera and the other two new NPC's already have no racial restrictions?