Skip to content

Why is Branwen ignoring me

johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
edited February 2013 in Fixed
So I tried a party without Branwen and turned her down. After several days I changed my mind and came back for her. Now she refuses to talk to me and she won't let me join her in my party. Why not?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hzfhzf Member Posts: 70
    It is intended. If you turn them down they wont join you later. You nee to let them join when you first talk to them. You can then kick them and come back for them later.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I seem to recall there's a bug where if you don't take her, she turns herself back into stone in a fit of pique.
    Mechalibur
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Pantalion said:

I seem to recall there's a bug where if you don't take her, she turns herself back into stone in a fit of pique.

Yep, happened to me in one of my BG:EE playthroughs.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Is it the "- has nothing to say to you." thing? Because that seems to be a bug. Can happen even when you park a character you -have- had in the party.
    [Deleted User]
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38

Is it the "- has nothing to say to you." thing? Because that seems to be a bug. Can happen even when you park a character you -have- had in the party.

Yep, that's it. Very annoying.

[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
    Shandyr said:

@johnnydgood Do you mind if I move this to bug subforum?

No problem

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Sylvus_Moonbow
    I don't know why it was designed like that. Her dialogue contains all the parts for accepting her a second time. But it is disabled. It would be very easy to re-enable this, but someone at some point
    turned it off. I don't know what was the point.

@Balquo any idea? I'm pretty sure the charmed dialog would still work, so that shouldn't be a reason.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I think it was intentional, given her dialog if you reject her - "It's an insult to my honor to refuse my services, but the choice is yours.". Still, if this is the intent, she should EscapeArea to make it clear that you can't pick her up later.

That being said, I don't have any problem re-enabling the disabled dialog. There's enough good reasons to change your mind about NPCs that it doesn't need to be that harsh.
    Shandyr said:

Same happened to me with Yeslick :/
    I don't know why this happens

Wouldn't Yeslick just run away to break some skulls?
    Anyway, i did handle Yeslick's case, because it is highly likely you meet him with a full party and you have to turn him down unless you leave someone in the flooded mine.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    branwen also ignoring Tranzig's death.
    yazgang said:

branwen also ignoring Tranzig's death.

There is some mod to fix that for BG1, it is probably working in BGEE too.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Avenger_teambg Yeah, someone has switched the True() in state 3 to False(). Very strange and I've no idea why they would do that - I certainly haven't messed with it. Looking at it seems it was accidental. I would just switch it back.

<<<<<<<< branwe.d REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT branwe ~False~ ~True~ >>>>>>>> COMPILE ~branwe.d~
    Avenger_teambg