edited November 2014 in General Modding
TeamBG's Armor Pack

Information For Baldur's Gate2: Enhanced Edition

This is the first installation of the "pack" mods that I will be making
for Baldur's Gate2: Enhanced Edition. This mod is an armor pack. There is a
dwarf, Kurtz Goldenaxe, who is at Waukeen's Promenade. He will
sell you these armors. Some of the armors are color variations of what you
find in the game and some of them are new. The magical armors are expensive
so you will have to save a lot of gold to buy them.

Discussion and information about the mod.
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8092.0

Download location
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=192

Version History:

V1.01 9/8/14
Added Polish translation thanks to Cahir
Added .tra files for translations.
Updated to Weidu 236

V1.00BG2EE
First release

Information For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

This is the first installation of the "pack" mods that I will be making
for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. This mod is an armor pack. There is a
dwarf, Kurtz Goldenaxe, who is outside of the Friendly Arm Inn who will
sell you these armors. Some of the armors are color variations of what you
find in the game and some of them are new. The magical armors are expensive
so you will have to save a lot of gold to buy them.

Discussion and information about the mod.
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7806.0

Download location
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=182

Version History:

V1.05 8/18/14
Added Polish translation thanks to Cahir

V1.04 8/15/14
Added .tra files for translations.
Updated to Weidu 236

V1.03 5/19/13
Fixed the Boots of Evasion - The useability settings still were not correct.
Fixed the Boots of Quickness - The useability settings were not correct.
Removed the "Not Useable By:" text since the EE items have a heading that automatically fills that in.

V1.02 5/5/13
Fixed the Boots of Evasion - The useability settings were not correct.

V1.01 1/7/13
Fixed the usability settings on the Elven Chainmail of the Hand +3
Fixed the unidentified text of the Elven Chainmail of the Hand +3
Changed the store so you can't steal.
New cross platform for BG:EE, BGT and Tutu

V1.00
First release

Where the new store clerk is at in the Friendly Arm Inn.

Visit TeamBG for all of your modding needs. Mods for BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, BG:EE. We have a large source of tutorials on how to mod and modding tools!

We also host mods! Bring your BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, BG:EE mods to us. Free area on the message board and space to download your mod.

TeamBG http://www.teambg.net/ "Still Building Worlds"
TeamBG http://www.teambg.org/ Modding news

http://teambg.info/ A site that takes you back into the history of IE modding.
Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
CuvKerthalJTMArchaicWilburPrincess_SarahJuliusBorisovSmilingSword[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    @CoM_Solaufein thanks installation went fine I'll keep you updated once I tested it.

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    This is going on my install list when I get home :D thanks
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Thanks.

I'm already working on the next item pack.
    CuvIchigoRXC
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Missing String error here with shopkeeper dialogue. Suspect it's a fault on my end, not yours however.
    Probably not installed correctly. Make sure you return your dialog.tlk back under the Lang folder.
  • GlaykithGlaykith Member Posts: 14
    Many (possibly all) of the new armors with +1/2/3/etc. enhancement bonuses appear to be stackable with Rings of Protection. Is this intended behavior?
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Just wondering (and don't take offense modders, I mean none!) for the people who downloaded this, but how balanced (stats/pricing/availability) do they seem for the game? I am a mod-hoarder, but I always worry that I'm doing or adding something that's just going to turn it into a no-fun cakewalk.
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2013
    @Mykra ... well you can see some armors that are pretty strong , but they are at the same levels as the good armors in the game.

If you see somethink that you think its too powerfull just dont buy that item, the part i like the most are the +2 elven armor .. ca 3 , not that great , but you will love it with multi/dual mages in the game that i feal have little equipment ...

The other great armors are powerfull but with anghteck stakking with rings of protection you will get similar ac

PD: @CoM_Solaufein There is a bug with an armor that dont work for mages (just multi) that can be used by sorcerers (the one with custom icon)
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Hey @CoM_Solaufein I'm interested in this mod, but I'm wondering how you balanced it. Could you write a little about your design philosophy? My #1 concern is that this would make the game too easy, which it already is near to being.
    There's a 2DA file that would have to be edited so you can't stack magical items on top of each other.
    Glaykith said:

Many (possibly all) of the new armors with +1/2/3/etc. enhancement bonuses appear to be stackable with Rings of Protection. Is this intended behavior?

I'll have to check its usability field.
    Arctic said:

@Mykra ... well you can see some armors that are pretty strong , but they are at the same levels as the good armors in the game.

If you see somethink that you think its too powerfull just dont buy that item, the part i like the most are the +2 elven armor .. ca 3 , not that great , but you will love it with multi/dual mages in the game that i feal have little equipment ...

The other great armors are powerfull but with anghteck stakking with rings of protection you will get similar ac

PD: @CoM_Solaufein There is a bug with an armor that dont work for mages (just multi) that can be used by sorcerers (the one with custom icon)

I tried to have the items be on par with what is in the game. Some of the items that may be "unbalanced", as some may think, are priced very high.
    agris said:

Hey @CoM_Solaufein I'm interested in this mod, but I'm wondering how you balanced it. Could you write a little about your design philosophy? My #1 concern is that this would make the game too easy, which it already is near to being.

Elven Chainmail of the Hand? Pure mages shouldn't be able to use, but multi-classes can. The mage and monk classes were not checked in the unusable settings. That will be taken care of.

Arctic said:

• IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Hi, thanks for this! want to try but have several questions:

1/ readme says to backup chitin.key, but to what purpose? it only talks about moving the dialog.tlk back and forth between directories, but not the chitin.key?
    2/ will the merchant appear in one of my current saved games? if not, will I be able to continue playing my saved game or will the mod mess it up?
    3/ how do you disinstall the mod?

cheers

edited January 2013

Elven Chainmail of the Hand? Pure mages shouldn't be able to use, but multi-classes can. The mage and monk classes were not checked in the unusable settings. That will be taken care of.

Arctic said:

Great , but i dont remember if the problem was with wizards or just sorcerers
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    I have a little request, can u remove the steal option from store?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    BGT compatible? :) I'm still running BGT for now until the bugs get squished in BGEE....
    Sarnind said:

I think the steal option is ok , just dont steal if you dont want ... but there are other players that want to do it ...

Have any of you installed it on your BG:EE game? does it work fine? any bug/crashes? do you know if it will mess up current .sav files?
    Chitin and dialog.tlk are the most important files of your game. Its always a good idea to back them up in case something goes wrong during the installation of a mod.

The merchant should appear during any saved game. The picture posted above is from a saved game where I visited the Friendly Arm before I even installed the mod.

You uninstall by double clicking the SETUP-BGeeAR.exe
    Ignatius said:

Hi, thanks for this! want to try but have several questions:

1/ readme says to backup chitin.key, but to what purpose? it only talks about moving the dialog.tlk back and forth between directories, but not the chitin.key?
    2/ will the merchant appear in one of my current saved games? if not, will I be able to continue playing my saved game or will the mod mess it up?
    3/ how do you disinstall the mod?

cheers

Steal? We can't have thieves stealing those valuable armors can we?
    Sarnind said:

No but like the bonus merchant mod its just a matter of making a few changes.

BGT compatible? :) I'm still running BGT for now until the bugs get squished in BGEE....

@CoM_Solaufein: thank you very much for your answers and mod work. Looking forward to enjoy!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

If you make those changes, I'll load it up. :)
    Chain Mail +2
    Elven Chain +2
    Elven Chainmail of the Hand +3
    Ashen Scales +2
    Elven Chain Mail +3
    Elemental Plate Mail Armor
    Dwarven Mithral Field Plate Armor +2
    Wyvern Plate Mail
    Durlag's Full Plate +2

And there are other non-magical armors that have different colors on your character.
    I'll see about doing that tonight.

• astrellaastrella Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for doing this item pack for BGEE. I wonder if there will be any new items coming up later such as belts, bracers and cloaks?
    Yep new armor types will be in a future release.
    Well maybe not tonight. I'm going to get this mod and the weapons mod compatible with BGT and Tutu also.

I'll see about doing that tonight.

edited January 2013
    Armor mod now cross platform for BG:EE, BGT and Tutu.

I tested it with Tutu and it installed without fail. I don't know about BGT since I don't have it. Really shouldn't be a problem.

Also fixed the problems with the Elven Chain of the Hand and made his store so you can't steal.

smeagolheart