Skip to content

Main character died, not forced to reload

afrogamer2660afrogamer2660 Posts: 2
edited October 2013 in Not An Issue
So I just bought Baldur's gate today and while playing it I've died a few times, always causing me to restart the game from a save. However, during the Tarnesh fight he managed to kill my main character but its still allowing me to play..

Has anyone experienced this before?
I wonder what the implications of this will be if I keep playing.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Were you playing a mage with a familiar?
  • CzarnyCzarny Member Posts: 42
    Happened to me once in vanilla. A trap killed Charname in Nashkel mines just in the splitsecond the party moved to a different area, leaving me with a dead main but not ending my game. After a trip to the temple the game proceeded as normal.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Seems like an odd thing, never heard of it.
  • I was not a mage with a familiar, I was a thief. I died as I went through a door, died on the other side, and it autosaved with my dead body but on the other side, somehow allowing me to keep playing. Unfortunately in my confusion I didn't make an actual save of that and I continued on another save and caused it to overwrite the auto save.. so I can't see what would happen without the main character. It would've been fun to see if anything happened.
  • ItchyDani3lItchyDani3l Member Posts: 9
    If you manage to reinitialize the map after your character dies, but before the cinematic for death plays, then you can continue. Ways to reinitialize the map are either loading a game or changing areas.

A notable example is the spike traps near the end of the second level (?) in the nashkel mines.
    If you disarm all of the traps but one (the one closest to the door), then order everyone to walk to the door/staircase but make sure your main character is in front, he will die, but the party will move through the door before the cinematic plays and you will be able to continue without your main character and face Mulahey.

I guess if you had mad skills, you could abuse this to resurrect your character if he dies in confined spaces...

So that's the story folks.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Balquo @Avenger_teambg
    I have never experienced this with BGEE and I have no idea how to reproduce it.