Skip to content

The Boots of Speed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. The Boots of Speed41 votes
    1. Yes. The number of Boots of Speed is appropriate.
      92.68%
    2. No. The number of Boots of Speed should be reduced.
        7.32%

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    And where is option, that it should be increased? :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Add boots of greater cheese, I mean greater speed :)
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    How are you going to carry over the boots from the first game without exploiting?
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Riolathel said:

How are you going to carry over the boots from the first game without exploiting?

How could anyone play this game more than a couple times without exploiting and/or modding to keep it interesting? Also exploit means using a bug that was unintended to your advantage. It has been years since I imported a character with items into the next part in a series of Infinity engine games, but I don;t recall it seeming like a bug that never got fixed.

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    there are total of 5 boots at the start of tob. The final member can benefit from the Grandmaster leather armor or the slightly slower amulet of cheetah speed. Or you dont need it if the pc is a monk.

Frankly, they are not op as other equipments/spells/HLA/kit abilities. They simply make traveling at a faster pace instead of the crawling speed of walking.
    MoomintrollMortianna
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I often just have the boots in my pack, before a number of them become available. Otherwise they become "boots of running into trouble, alone."
    Dragonfolk2000[Deleted User]TJ_Hooker
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    For those to whom adventuring footwear is more than simple utility and aesthetics, I highly recommend Aurora's Shoes and Boots mod. (SOA and TOB)
  • Ronin13Ronin13 Member Posts: 53
    I haven't voted on this one. Honestly I'm torn. I use them because the snail's pace of your group drives me batty when playing solo (Though all my MP experience has taught me that unless you have a very disciplined party, the slow pace is better at keeping people out of trouble.) but don't they also increase your attack rate as well as movement speed? They certainly seem to. And in that case, they are perhaps a bit overpowered.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Ronin13 - no, boots of speed add the "haste" effect, but they effectively just double your walking speed. No bonus to attack per round whatsoever.

I believe it's the Icewind Dale's boots of the Fox that increase the speed in every single action of the wearer - and they stack with haste.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I actually would want more since they are patched now and only give the movement speed.