Skip to content

Can't Use Protection From Magic Scroll (on others)? [Bug/Spoiler]

Turin_TurambarTurin_Turambar Member Posts: 7
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
I'm having an issue with using the protection from magic scroll on enemies and allies. I can only use it on the character that has it quick slotted. Is this a bug?

Thanks!
Post edited by Turin_Turambar on

Comments

• Turin_TurambarTurin_Turambar Member Posts: 7
    So apparently in this new version you can't use protection scrolls on enemies.

What is the best way to stop the Demon Knight from teleporting downstairs then?
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    That appears to be a scripted action even if it uses forcecast to throw a dimension door, that is just smoke and mirrors for Deus Ex Machina. You still may be able to exploit it, but I don't know how.
    edited December 2012
    Apparently stopping him at the top is the only way to get the Helm of Opposite Alignment. =(

Which I need so that my main guy can use Drizzt's Twinkle.
    Right now I'm trying 6 wands of sleep at once, and he keeps getting save vs. spell.

This indicates that there is a chance that I could put him to sleep pre-teleport? I know I can finish him if I do.
  • qbahqbah Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012

Right now I'm trying 6 wands of sleep at once, and he keeps getting save vs. spell.

This indicates that there is a chance that I could put him to sleep pre-teleport? I know I can finish him if I do.

Rolling a 1 means a failure, no matter how low his saves are. Keep trying and good luck!

You might want to try that insane mace from Beregost on him - 25% chance for a no-save stun on hit for 1d4 rounds :P
    Turin_Turambar
    edited December 2012
    qbah said:

Rolling a 1 means a failure, no matter how low his saves are. Keep trying and good luck!

You might want to try that insane mace from Beregost on him - 25% chance for a no-save stun on hit for 1d4 rounds :P
    This worked on the first try! I imported 6 of my tanks, gave them all the Beregost mace, and the Demon Knight was finished within a minute, giving me the helmet. Thanks so much, you're awesome!

EDIT- Just wanted to add for anyone who wants to try this: my tanks also had potions of fire resistance and giant strength.

qbah said:

This worked on the first try! I imported 6 of my tanks, gave them all the Beregost mace, and the Demon Knight was finished within a minute, giving me the helmet. Thanks so much, you're awesome!

EDIT- Just wanted to add for anyone who wants to try this: my tanks also had potions of fire resistance and giant strength.
    You're welcome! Trying to kill him myself right now actually :)
    Turin_Turambar
    qbah said:

qbah said:

His plate mail is also pretty sweet for an evil character!
    edited December 2012

qbah said:

qbah said:

His plate mail is also pretty sweet for an evil character!
    Well, I'm a good F/M/T wearing the archmage robes :P Plate mail won't be really useful for me.

EDIT: He had a critical failure on a wand save and got paralyzed. He died soon after :)
    Post edited by qbah on
    Turin_Turambar
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    Not sure if this is the issue you originally talked about or not but I had a scroll to remove petrification. To use it I had to put it in a quick slot and walk over beside the character that was petrified, tap the quick slot square so that it turned orange/yellow, then tap on the icon of the petrified character which is just easier than tapping on the character. The scroll would then take effect. Haven't tried any others though as that's the only one I've found so far and I used it to undo a basilisk attack.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2012
    Can anyone confirm if the OP's statement is a bug or intended and whether or not this is actually happening? I would think being unable to use a protection scroll on another party member WOULD in fact be a bug.

@Turin_Turambar: Can you confirm that @Garrison64's method works or doesn't for you? If it doesn't can anyone confirm that this is a bug?

Also @Turin_Turambar: Can you put "[BUG/SPOILER]" as part of the thread title at this point? There's enough information being given in this thread that this might be a spoiler for other game players.
    Sorry! Didn't realize it needed a spoiler tag.

No, I don't think it's a bug. I researched it, and this appears to be a change made in later versions of the game
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    KK I'll leave it out of the Known Bug's Issues.

I guess this entire section has a "Spoiler Warning" Tag on it so maybe it wasn't required. As we're suggesting this isn't a bug either, you can feel free to remove the tag that just above I asked you to put on it! :) SORRY!

--Illydth