Skip to content

[Font Mod] Larger Font Size For BG:EE [Beta 1.0]

ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
edited December 2012 in General Modding
I'm currently working on a larger font mod for BG:EE. If you are using non-scaled settings on higher resolutions then I'm sure you are aware of the small font issue. Exclusively available with my Archaic GUI Mod.

DOWNLOAD: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10158/gui-mod-archaic-for-bgee-beta-5-0-custom-inventory-buttons-start-screen-options/p1

Here is a preview screenshot of the BETA: image 1920x1080 Resolution. Top image is of larger size font and bottom is of standard size font.

More detailed info about this mod here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/219931/#Comment_219931
Post edited by Archaic on

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    this would be much appreciated indeed ! =D
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    My main problem is the font size when I put the cursor on the NPCs, the name/health state is SO small!
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @SpaceInvader - Something I'm looking into is making the tooltip font larger. Thanks for your input.
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    edited December 2012
    Seriously if you'll pull this off, you will be my personal hero. I can't believe that Overhaul still haven't included this feature, that they promised.

EDIT: The things that currently annoy me the most in this order:

1). Lack of ability to change font size (and preferably style)
    2). Background color of Journal is a little too bright for my eyes
    3). Pressing two arrow keys simultaneously to pan camera diagonally, would be nice. (in stead of one side at a time)
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Will this mod be supporting more exotic characters such as æ,ø,é,è,ü,ö,ä and å too?
    edited December 2012
    @Darksheer - yes every character that was originally intended in the stock font.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    My issue is the items count. Like the darts, potions, the item slots that have numbers are so tiny to read as well. Any way to change them?
    @ShadowSmuggler - we're very limited to what we can change. that is not something I can change at this time.
    BETA 1.0 Released... Feedback welcome.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    I figured, but it was worth a shot :/ Thanks for all your hard work!
    You are so AWESOME. Thanks alot for this! Now I finally can read without trouble.

If it's possible and you got time in the future, it would be splendid if you could make a few more versions with several fonts (or an option to switch between font types - like Arial or Verdana)

But none the less, thank you so much!
    edited December 2012
    @Aleque - I would love to but right now its not possible. The font you see is the only option at this point. Thanks glad you like it.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited December 2012
    @CoM_Solaufein - haha - that would be nice but at this point I can't find a way to use custom fonts for BGEE. The standard font file normal.bam override does not seem to work.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196

that would be cool haha
    By the way some of the text is displayed in form of squares. I just tried taking a screenshot, but all I got was a black image when pasting it into MSpaint. If you have time in the future resolving this issue, I would be greatful!
    Thanks for the work that you put into this so far.
    @Aleque - you can read more about this font mod here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/219931/#Comment_219931
    I cannot resolve this issue at this point. The squares are dash marks...
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    This is exactly what is needed to play on large screens like Big Screen TV.