Skip to content

Calm down, my friends!

2»

Comments

• cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Of course it is meant to be discussed, this is a forum after all, invented for discussion.
    I ,for one, really want to see lots of monsters in those pits but screenies shows only humanoids.( ok there is a genie and a beholder to be fair) and i hope we can battle against our friends with MP.

But it just seems some of our friends here already made their decisions with minimal information.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2012
    Well, the Pit is definitely controversial. Perhaps it should have been optional dlc rather than part of the core package but things happen for a reason.

I've been pretty much in the dark since the initial announcements (don't use FB or Twitter) and only joined the forum recently but some say that this is what the community (in general) wanted. Is it true? Did people really ask for this gladiatorial kind of thing specifically or merely a more combat heavy adventure?

Two of the listed features are:
    • Fifteen levels of arena-style combat challenges
    • Over 6 hours of additional gameplay

Now I don't know if 1 level = 1 fight or how long the fights are on average but how likely would it be that these 15 levels (plus shopping and minor conversations) would fill 6 hours? Could there be more to it than shop, fight, rest, shop, fight, rest...?
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    I dont really know, im new here too. A gladiatorial pit is near bottom of my BG wish list. But since its here and maybe it will give us some tactical enterteintment, i feel optimistic.
    Even my first setup of meat is ready. An evil barbarian as the leader and Kagain, Minsc, Montaron, Xzar, Viconia and of course Tiax.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2012
    In the end, we all did know what we would get, and its understandable that people with really high hopes for example, more character interaction, some big ingame quest, hd graphics and more would be very very disappointed in the end to see all their dreams and hopes crushed.

But the chance to play the game in higher resolutions with better being visible and not being too small - that is more as others would get in the same situation.

Perhaps it is able to talk with the contract partners about being able to allow more content, like advanced banters, including the new characters interacting with the old ones or something like that.

In the end its all about money, do not let us forget about that. And all people involved in that business deal should understand that denying the right to change something did cost them a bit money.

For example, i for my part - would have found it acceptable to pay a bit higher price if there would be more banter between characters, a real big new quest inside the game and so on.

It really is a strange thing that in times of everyones wish to maximise money now in the case of baldurs gate/baldurs Gate 2 are such contract restrictions which prevent the beamdog people from altering things, even if that could mean more business success for all people involved.

That includes also not being added for example on Steam or similiar game selling online stores.

So.. where is the love for the money which brings us Fans in the end more content?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited July 2012
    Don't care about the pits. Never cared about arena modes. Will still buy this game.

What I *do* care about, though, is the visual enhancements. The new areas look terribly blurry, and that is just a no-no. If it's because the old art was lost, please draw new art. The new NPC portraits look great, so why isn't this possible for the area art? Please, do whatever you can do to have it look sharp. I pre-ordered the game, but I really don't think it is acceptable to release game content nowadays that looks worse than the fourteen-year-old original stuff.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun reported on BG:EE today (or yesterday evening), and one of the points of criticism in the comment section is in fact the blurriness (the main point is price, but yeah, that was to be expected anyway). So, I'm not imagining things as I believed yesterday when everyone said the screens looked great. Some of them do (the ones inside the Black Pit dungeon), but most don't. If nothing is done to combat the strange look, the new stuff will feel terribly tacked on.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2012
    I thought the blurriness could be some sort of anti-aliasing. I might actually like it but I''m not sure.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    ''I'm looking forward to playing BG again, and I'm in a constant struggle with myself not to install the original and start playing now. '' I feel the same. I hope that in 3-5 years I will have my nice tablet with the new version of bg1, bg2, bg3, iwd1, iwd2 installed. (they aint have the contract for iwd1/iwd2 but.. I keep the faith ^^)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

I feel the same. I hope that in 3-5 years I will have my nice tablet with the new version of bg1, bg2, bg3, iwd1, iwd2 installed. (they aint have the contract for iwd1/iwd2 but.. I keep the faith ^^)

Hopefully!!!

I actually have BG1/2 installed on my Pc since 2010.. Im afraid to uninstall it because to reinstall it with all the mods is such a pain in the a$$ - took me 45 minutes just to install PS:T which is not that hardly moded.... I hope BG:EE ( abd bg2,bg2 as you said ) will replace that directory :-D