Skip to content

When overriding starting experience, charname gets too much hp

WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
edited December 2012 in General Modding
If you give enough starting experience (override\STARTARE.2DA) to a human fighter that he levels up during character generation, he will receive an extra hp roll eg level 2 fighter starts with 30 and level 9 fighter with 100 hp with no constition bonus and easy difficulty so hp rolls are always max. A human fighter should get only one hp roll per level when starting with a character level>1
Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    The problem seems to be with all classes and races. I just tested with a level 2 dwarf barbarian who received 36hp and level 2 elf mage 12hp (no con bonus).
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    If you mod the game that happens :)
    If you give enough starting xp to level up, the character will start leveled up.
    Like in BG2!
    So if I mod the game it should be buggy? That doesn't make sense.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    This is not a bug. Any time you take it upon yourself to make changes to the game, that is modding (Modification). There are always risks. If you wish to continue discussion on this you may do so in the Modding forum. Moving
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    Any idea what is causing this? I created a Half-orc barbarian and he had 60+ hp at LEVEL ONE.

The only mod i have installed is BG2 Tweaks, but i have no idea which component is causing this problem. Maybe the NWN HP at leveling? (but it is strange since, as i said, the Barb had 60+ hp at level one; not after leveling up to 2).
    @Cuv Ok. I did the bug report because I was adviced to do so in the modding forum. This [too much hp] is not a problem for me as I don't plan on starting the game with more than 0 experience in any other than testing purpose. Just wanted to let everyone know about this.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Wilbur Okay, no worries. I am sure a mod will be made by someone who will do it without conflict at some point. Appreciate the heads-up on this conflict.