Skip to content

What did you get?

ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
It's Christmas (or whatever term you prefer), and some of us have opened their presents already - either because they live in Australia and wake up early, or because they get to the loot on Christmas Eve. Don't keep that stuff to yourself, tell us what you got!

I got myself candy, board games, lottery tickets, kitchen utensils, and a pair of nice new slippers. The first three are standard stuff and nothing special.
MedullaOblongata

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I got a new PC, but that was a few weeks ago... is still was my Christmas present though.
    MedullaOblongata
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I'll list the stuff I can remember; Slippers, Pots, Drinking glasses (30 of them!), a watch, cell-phone cover, wine, a wall-clock shaped like an old record, an alarm clock.... oh, and a BAR!. Seriously. An entire bar. The desk, chairs, cabinets, a giant antique wine-holder made from a real Wine-barrel, everything.

My family tends to go a bit crazy for Christmas. There were 5 of us. The rest got, among others, 2 laptops, a PS3, 4 iPads, 2 cell-phones (Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note II), a camera and about 20 more presents per person.

During birthdays you're lucky to get a pad on the back though. xD
    MedullaOblongataFredjo
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It's not Christmas yet, that is tomorrow but I did get an early gift Friday from my mom, a new cell phone. Now I have a new technological toy to play with.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Two boxes of belgium truffles, one blueberry one original. Yummy.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I get a small dummy, which I will use as a reference when drawing. I also got "The Crystal Shard" by R.A Salvatore. I think it will be good read. And nuts, YUMMY.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I got:

1) MangaStudio EX4 (early)
    2) A comfy shawl
    3) Money
    4) Got to share some beers with my dad
    5) A hot bowl of pho

All in all, it was a good day. Got to hang out with the family, and we all actually got along for the first time in 10 years.
    A Blu Ray player. Now I'll have to start a collection of Blu Ray movies.
    The usual clothes
    Gift cards
    Candy
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    Santa left a 27" Samsung monitor for me that allows me to play BG:EE at 1920 x 1080! Woot! I really didn't appreciate how improved BG:EE's graphics are until I saw them on this new screen. The zoom feature takes on a whole new life with that resolution and screen size. Wife was a little surprised that she got me this, lol. But she knew my older monitor was dying. And it was a great deal at Costco.

Angry Bird boxers!

a couple pairs of Diamond Gusset jeans (what a difference in comfort, nice fit too--I highly recommend them)

a car dashboard holder for my iPhone (badly needed--I don't like bluetoofs)

Some other goodies too, but those were the highlights. Several neat little this-es and thats. My wife did a superb job of shopping for me as always.

(I got her a new stereo speaker system for her computer, a wireless karaoke mic, an iHome, and warm fuzzy, cozy PJs and socks, plus a few other things.)
    Teflon
    That 27" puts my 24" to shame. I would have to kick my printer off the desk to fit that.
    Teflon
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2012
    $25 gift card
    $50 gift card
    $25 movie theater gift card
    box of candy

We don't usually go big for Christmas in my family.

I built my new PC earlier in the year, so I have that.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    A box of turtles...i bought it myself for myself...sad but true hehe
    FredjoMedullaOblongata
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    My dad and I split a 60" LED TV. Boxing day sale $500 off.
    MedullaOblongata
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    My extended family all chipped in and bought me and my wife a new 46" LED TV, TV stand, and blu-ray player. It's no 60", but after spending three years squinting across the room at a 28-incher, this feels like a movie theater. Skyrim has never looked so good.

I also got Plants Vs Zombies for the XBOX, which is really more fun than is fair. And Legos. Even at my age, I still love putting together those big sets.

My dog got a new bed. She's curled up in it right now, being very adorable.
    MedullaOblongataAdso
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I didn't get anything too exciting. I didn't ask for any video games, so I didn't get any. Probably the first year in 20 that it has happened. I did get some nice cold weather clothing since I work in construction. Also got a DeWalt radio for jobs that I can actually use it on. Got some bits for my cordless drill, and probably the best thing was a blu-ray home theater system that I need to hook up today.

I get more enjoyment from what my kid and wife gets nowadays, than what I get for myself. It's kind of a comforting feeling to be that way, since I am typically very selfish with my memory(among other things) I still have a hard time remembering birthdays, and probably don't care enough to change that lol.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Aosaw said:

My extended family all chipped in and bought me and my wife a new 46" LED TV, TV stand, and blu-ray player. It's no 60", but after spending three years squinting across the room at a 28-incher, this feels like a movie theater. Skyrim has never looked so good.

I also got Plants Vs Zombies for the XBOX, which is really more fun than is fair. And Legos. Even at my age, I still love putting together those big sets.

My dog got a new bed. She's curled up in it right now, being very adorable.

Plants vs zombies was a hoot to play! Haven't had that much fun playing a game since "garden Wars" on my Vic20 or an old nes title called "zombies ate my neighbors" lol. fun times.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Aosaw said:

I won't be using the 60" to play games though. I have a 32" for games, but I sit three feet away from it when I play so it seems huge.