Skip to content

Druid - mages

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited December 2012 in General Modding
I'd like to be able to figure this out. I tried modifying the basic dualclas.2da file to allow for this as a dual class option, but obviously in the case of a druid dualed to a mage this doesn't allow characters to actually cast any mage spells (the learned spells appear but are darkened out). So any thoughts as to how I would go to proceed to get this entirely legitimate combination working would be appreciated (it is actually legit under 2nd edition rules :D ).

Comments

• leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    No, such combination first need to exist as a multiclass combination, which is hardcoded so impossible to change.
    There is IE emulator called GemRB which removes such restriction, but not BGEE. BGEE retains many if not all hardcoded limits of TOB.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    leeho730 said:

No, such combination first need to exist as a multiclass combination, which is hardcoded so impossible to change.
    There is IE emulator called GemRB which removes such restriction, but not BGEE. BGEE retains many if not all hardcoded limits of TOB.

That sucks.
    smeagolheartXavioriaIllustairRAM021
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    So no making a Radagast eh?
    elminsterkeeperRAM021
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86

So no making a Radagast eh?

Mod in the Rabbit-sledge first, and worry about class later IMO :D
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    awwww totally want Druid-Mage...
    elminster
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I don't want just Druid/Mages. What I want is the Druid/Ranger, Druid/Mage and Druid/Fighter/Mage. Furthermore I want the choice to be able to dual-class as Wizard/Druids or Thief/Druid!
    IllustairRAM021
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Me too, put in a feature request! :)
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Well, I think most of us want more multi/dual classing options. I, for one, wouldn't mind if Cleric/Mage/theif were made...
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    For druid/mage, you can go around the rules by making a copy of all druid/priest spells into wizard spells. Then create a merchant that sells a bunch of druid/priest scrolls. You can add the class penalty of -50% exp to mimic this multiclass feature.
    elminster