Skip to content

BG vs BGEE pet peeves

Looking forward to finally be able to properly play this game on my Mac - which reminds me of the two major pains I had in ye olden days... so

1. Has the annoying rep problem been fixed? BG2 at least had an, uh, creative solution to keep at 17-18 to keep the neutrals from moping. Is there a way to do it in EE now?

2. Will switching out a party member still break romance / questlines and the like? And will they stay where they are left or go to a fixed spot?

Thanks in advance for helping me prepare mentally ;)

Comments

• MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    edited December 2012
    Simply:

1. No.

2. Probably. Whether or not a character stays in it's spot depends on the character, unfortunately.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad's romances will not be broken or even delayed if you kick them out. Dorn and Neera will head to the Friendly Arm Inn while Rasaad goes to Nashkel. Original NPC behavior hasn't been changed.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2012

Simply:

1. No.

Well true there is no creative way to lower it but on the other hand instead of moping they actually celebrate a high rep (THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO ANNOYING!!!!!)
  • WiduWidu Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys. @Jalily: nice to know I can actually try out the Neera romance without having to put up with the hordes of rabbits *all* the time ;)

I guess 2E rules are just strange that way, I never saw Jaheira as something else than neutral good.