Skip to content

Cover and Label - a Christmas gift :)

MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
I'm giving my brother a copy of BG:EE for christmas (yes, I'm purchasing a code for him, obviously!) but since I find a piece of paper with a code or (even worse) an email to be a terribly boring gift, I decided to do a little bit more, and create a DVD cover and DVD label, so that it would feel like a "proper" game - I'm old enough that when I was a kid, games came in a big cardboard box, and while I do appreciate the ease of access that's digital distribution, I do feel it has lost a bit of charm. In either case, and with no further ramblings on my part, here's the end result:

Post edited by Mikkel on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Very cool. ^_^b
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Unfortunately there's no "Love" option. I love it.
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Awesome. Would buy.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    You sir, have a talent!
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    What exactly did you burned on DVD?
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2012
    Thanks everyone :)

@gunman

I burned the install folder from my own installation, my brother does not have a proper internet connection, so downloading the whole thing would take forever for him. Whether it works, well, I suppose he'll tell me when he's had time to test it, but since he's running Win 7 (like me), I think there's a decent chance it'll work.
    Post edited by Mikkel on
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    Please let me know if it works.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    That's pretty awesome, man.

In the digital age, it's cool to see someone create something. It's something that's finally sunk in with me and my plastic space mens. There really is something to the thing you're using existing in physical space.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Since the physical copy version seems to be dead in the water now, it would be really cool if one of the beamdog artists could release the planned enhanced edition box art cover in a printable format so we could make our own versions.

Good job anyway!
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2012
    @gunman (and any others who care)

Just letting you know it worked just fine. He was missing a certain dll (openAL32.dll specifically) but whether that has to do with the install method or not I don't know.

In either case, as soon as that was installed, it worked fine right off the disc, no additional downloads or monkeying about required.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Wow. This makes the game much more impressive than the simple email you get from Beamdog when you buy digitally.