Skip to content

Disappearing wolves in Ulcaster dungeons

KristofKristof Member Posts: 4

Current behaviour:
I was fighting two wolves (location: second "W" from the left on the above map) when one of them disappeared in the middle of the fight. Later I was scouting ahead with a stealthed character and spotted various wolves at location 8 on the above map. I retreaded, positioned my party, and entered the room. The wolves were no longer there.

Expected behaviour:
Wolves don't disappear.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Spawns disappear on save. And respawn later.
    "Fixing" this would result in very ugly player complaints where they suddenly can't leave an area because it is full of spawns they didn't fight, but their original spawn point triggered again.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2012
    I actually had a similar issue with the wolves in Ulcaster recently.
    It's not a reloading issue.

I was in one of the tight hallways, with 2 wolves in a room, they both attacked and some time during the fight the one on the right completely disappeared (red hostile circle and all) and after I killed the other one and the battle music stopped, I pushed my party into the room and it reappeared and stated attacking us from where it had disappeared from at the doorway.

-edit-
    I opened the game and went back to Ulcaster to look at the map ingame (the one posted is rather small), the wolf that disappeared on me was in the same area that it disappeared in the OP.

Post edited by TheCoffeeGod on
    Must be ghost wolves :D
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    displacer wolves!
  • KristofKristof Member Posts: 4
    That's exactly where I saw a wolf disappear, @TheCoffeeGod. Mine didn't reappear though.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @Avenger_teambg
    This is a seperate issue, (at least for me, I assume for the OP as well).
    It has nothing to do with them disappearing on reload, as I never reloaded in the dungeon nor saved at any point in there.

well, i know, but they also lost sight of the spawn. I'm almost sure it vanishes when it goes out of LOS.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I also believe this is a separate issue. When I tested the reloading bug, I made sure to uncover the spawned monsters again (after running away to save) to make sure that saving didn't cause them to vanish. They were always there.
    Ok, then don't merge this