Skip to content

Can I add character IAP after I have started?

I have already been to the zone that has Neera in it and now am thinking I'd like to buy the iap that adds her. If I buy it will Neera be there when I return to the zone or do I need to start a new game for her to be there? Also, any tips for getting rid of Dynaheir without loosing Minsc? I believe that if I send her into battle and she dies I can remove her from the party without loosing Minsc (though he may be sad). Would prefer to keep her alive being a Pally and all...

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If you want to keep Minsc and ditch Dynaheir (same goes for any other NPC duo), and you're not against exploiting an engine limitation, just send the character you want to ditch into a building and then remove them from your party.
  • GregGrayGregGray Member Posts: 6
    Ok, that seems nicer than letting her get killed. She must have to take care of her sick parent so she tells Minsc to go on without her. :).

Anyone know if I can buy Neera after the game has started and expect her to show up? Don't want to start over!
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    I bought her after starting a game, and she showed up in Beregost like she's supposed to. I hadn't actually been to Beregost before buying her, though - if you're actually in that map I imagine you may have to leave and come back before she shows up.
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • ConphantusConphantus Member Posts: 51
    Reminds me of a bug I noticed. If you for example buy dorn, and then afterwards turn off in-app-purchases on the ipad, he will disappear from the game again. He´ll reappear if you turn on in-app-purchases again, but it is a bit annoying as I as a parent rather not have in-app-purchases activated. Anyone else had this problem?
    Purchased Neera and she has joined my party. Enjoying it so far. One nice thing about buying later is that she comes in at the proper level since she was not there ehen i passed the zone before. It seems that just entering the zone or passing by the npc for the first time sets the level. I purposely did not pick up Minsc when I first entered his zone so I could get him at level 2 and when I picked him up he was level 1. Painful that he is now pretty behind the group in exp. I expect it to even out over time since it is just one level but would have really hurt if I waited until 4 or 5.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited December 2012
    @GregGray I don't think the level is set when you first pass the NPC, according to http://www.playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_NPC_Rundown you will get Minsc at either level 1 or level 6, depending on what level your party is when you pick him up, so waiting would have been fine. But what does happen is if you put him in your party, then remove him, then pick him up later, he will be at whatever level you left him at.
    I think it is based on the level of the lowest party member. I picked up Coran when I was level 4 but I had Neera and Minsc at level 3 in the party. I got a level 3 Coran. When I restored a save and removed those two so all in party were level 4 and did it again I got him at level 5.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Conphantus: To verify: Turning off in app purchases removes already purchased in app purchases from the game? i.e. you have to have the ability to purchase in app turned on to access already purchased content?

--Illydth
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    @Illdyth: Confirmed. I loaded an early save and she and Dorn don't exist unless they are in party or IAP is enabled.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Thanks, posting this as a bug.